Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.

Article about: Hi Guys I have bought this dagger. Dagger seems in all parts together and has some old age traces. Fittings have some nice patina and has uncleaned. The anodised scabbard is in very goed con

Default SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.

Hi Guys

I have bought this dagger. Dagger seems in all parts together and has some old age traces.
    Fittings have some nice patina and has uncleaned. The anodised scabbard is in very goed condition whit only a little dent on the backside.
    The Blade is a nice one whit almost al the crossgrain left but have some rust against the lower guard. The grip is nice but have some little chips near the upper guard.
    What strikes me is the extremely low placed Eagle is that a typical detail of a Malsch Grip?
    I have seen A Malsch in Classifieds and that one have also a very low placed aegle. (not with the wings between the widest part of the grip)

Like too hear wat you guys can tell me about this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.   SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.  

SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.   SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.  

Last edited by RafaelDaggers; 02-25-2016 at 07:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.
    P
    Many

Cor
    ?

Good catch Raf, and quite normal for a M&A, that lower eagle.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...trooper-dagger SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.

SA Dienstdolch for review

Last edited by Larry C; 02-26-2016 at 03:08 AM.

Nice dagger Rafael...I see no issues with it..yet the link provide by Cor shows an early Dagger with an Aluminum grip eagle. This can not be compared or used as a Guide to grip eagle position. also including the thought that the grip in the link..may not be one of Ambrons grips..but a put together with limited photos and view.

There is no compromise for early construction..its either all early or its parted. Case in point: No early Thuringia/ Steinbach Hallenberg Producer will be seen with plated or aluminum grip eagles. No eary producers for that matter being produced into 1935.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here some Grips, on the left the Malsch It is good to see here the Eagle is lower than the other makers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.   SA Dagger Malsch&Ambronn.  

At the request of Gerrit de size measured from Guard too wreath.
    On the left de Malsch on the right carl eickhorn.the difference is 3,5mm (0,13 inch)

Malsch distance Guard too wreath: 32mm (1,25 inch)
    Eickhorn distance Guard too wreat 35,5mm 1,39 inch)

It sounds nothing but it's easy too see, It's almost a wing height difference.

?

Nothing wrong with it. It is as it is.

Ron

?

I like these little details, good observations Raf!
    Ill get back to you as soon as i have the data of my old Malsch.

Ger

Hi cor thanks for your contribution to the thread but try to post pics not a link, that makes the thread more transparent.
    Indeed these daggers also seem to have a lower placed Eagle.
    Thx guys so far Nice Thread

Cor
    ?

Hi Raf, have you tried to get a picture of this site?

Good luck

Link deleted possible spam threat - Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-04-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast