Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger By Robert Giersch - Can I Get Some Info On It Please??

Article about: Hi Guys, I'm out of my comfort zone with these, but have been asked to give an opinion on it to a prospective UK buyer currently based in the Balkans where this has cropped up. Therefore I w

Hi Ned, the unit was 22 Sturm of SA Reserve Standarte 171.

In November 1935 they were based here:

Brigade 72 - Wuppertal:
    Standarte 53 = Solingen, Kölnerstrasse 46;
    Standarte R53 = Opladen, Düsseldorferstrasse 34;
    Standarte 171 = Wuppertal-Barmen, Fischertalstrasse 1;
    Standarte R171 = Wuppertal-Elberfeld, Hofaue 41;

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I would expect to find the SA Gruppe mark for Nrh (Niederrhein)
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger By Robert Giersch - Can I Get Some Info On It Please??
    P
    Many

You da man Dear Leader!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not trying to pour cold water on all this information about this dagger, nor create any doubt..as this is not my intention..but we must keep an open mind about the engraving..something like this needs to be double checked..by those who know font use during the period. It very well could be period..but a little preventive maintenance ( or a couple of steps backwards to research it ) may be worth the extra time.

I would not want to find out later that my engraved SA dagger is really just a standard em....and more devalued because of a Huckster. Nothing more Gents..just keeping an open mind to many possibilities..in modern day technology..and enterprising individuals.

Regards Larry

Get your Trojan on
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Im Always carefull with SA daggers that have these kinds of engravings, they turn up a bit to frequently these days.
    In Austria a lot popup these days.
    For me the engraving has not been applied in 1934, more likely 2014
    Like Ade nicely puts out: the gau does not correspond with the unit locations.
    That its been hand engraved doesnt mean anything, any skilled jeweler with some old tools can do that.
    This dagger would be worth max 700 euro without the engraving, like it is now, i wouldnt even buy it.
    But hé that just my opinion.....

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2