Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger Robert Klaas RZM M7/1937

Article about: Hi guys, I have come across this dagger, send you the lictures I could get hold of. Just waiting from the seller to send me a picture of the eagle. Could you please let me know what your vie

Hi Larry, thanks for all the info, good thing is that I am learning. Negative side is that this dagger makes me feel uncomfortable and therefore if not a 100% sure by you, I cannot risk to mess up. Nevertheless, I have been surveing around and have found in the web another one like the one I posted. Look forward to hearing from you, Best Regards, Juan

SA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Robert Klaas RZM M7/1937
    P
    Many

Hi Jamoros..lets not run from it yet !...I want to dig into this more ..as I will be returning tonight from my travels..I want to be absolutely positive before giving my final thoughts..and yet ..I want to hear more thoughts and insight from other Klaas collectors ...mainly our SS collectors and their thoughts on the logo itself.

Sometimes these things take time..but I would rather try to be as thorough as possible first..exhausting all other options. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, appreciate what you are saying, keep it on hold. The only constraint is that this dagger is on sale on Ebay France and it finishes in two days, so unless we do not get a final statement before that, I am afraid it will be too late, but let s think positive and wait and see where does this takes us to, many thanks, Juan
    Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Jamoros..lets not run from it yet !...I want to dig into this more ..as I will be returning tonight from my travels..I want to be absolutely positive before giving my final thoughts..and yet ..I want to hear more thoughts and insight from other Klaas collectors ...mainly our SS collectors and their thoughts on the logo itself.

Sometimes these things take time..but I would rather try to be as thorough as possible first..exhausting all other options. Regards Larry

The dagger link you posted is from a very reputable dealer..and also WRF member " Dyzner " which I will be assisting at his table at the Max show. His Klaas dagger shows the same distance..yet this thread is a matter of study and not a study on the dealer.

I will admit..I dont know everything there is to know on the topic..as I am still learning even with these rarities..as is Dyzner and everyone else. New information continues to surface as oddities and rarities make themselves available. Lets make sure of the Dagger that YOU posted in the beginning of this thread..and lets study more about Klaas and their logo variants. I rather be proven wrong and take the safe approach first ...or until other information surfaces from other collectors.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, found another dealer who sells the same dagger, Regards, Juan

WW2 German SA Dagger by Robert Klaas with RZM number - Wharton Militaria

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The dagger link you posted is from a very reputable dealer..and also WRF member " Dyzner " which I will be assisting at his table at the Max show. His Klaas dagger shows the same distance..yet this thread is a matter of study and not a study on the dealer.

I will admit..I dont know everything there is to know on the topic..as I am still learning even with these rarities..as is Dyzner and everyone else. New information continues to surface as oddities and rarities make themselves available. Lets make sure of the Dagger that YOU posted in the beginning of this thread..and lets study more about Klaas and their logo variants. I rather be proven wrong and take the safe approach first ...or until other information surfaces from other collectors.

Best Larry

After further review into my library and quoted by the SA high command :.... " Klaas were not contracted to make any Early SA daggers and were only contracted to make Transitional logo daggers bearing the small Klaas logo and RZM /37 number. Included are the small space beaks not touching..only on the Mid period transitionals. It is also thought that these Mid period blades were sub contracted out which may explain the small changes in detail and logo size.

The combination use of the full size logos and RZM numbers began to slightly change in dimension and blade position around 1938..yet some producers still used a full size logo including the RZM number. Producer preference.

The Idea of the Kissing Crane logo..IMO I feel it should be just that! Yet these Mid period transitionals have been accepted by the collecting community and are deemed rare for the type collector. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2