Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?

Article about: Thanks for all the quick replies! I tried using my finger nail on the blade, cross guard and scabbard fittings. It worked on the cross guard and scabbard but not so much on the blade. There

Thanks for all the quick replies!

I tried using my finger nail on the blade, cross guard and scabbard fittings. It worked on the cross guard and scabbard but not so much on the blade.

There is a name etched on the cross guard also. Looks like Bill Price.

SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?
    P
    Many

Nice touch, probably the name of the vet that brought it back.

?

It does look a little thin adrian, but it appears to have the same color and texture. It seems like someone spread it very thin

I go for clear laquer.

I just tried the hair dryer with no success. The blade got nice and hot (but not too hot) to the touch and the substance didn't soften up any.

Any other ideas?

I still think it is laquer, try some acetone on the blade as Ade suggested. Try to keep contact with the etch to a minimum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I still think it is laquer, try some acetone on the blade as Ade suggested. Try to keep contact with the etch to a minimum.
    Ralph.
    I will try acetone tomorrow and post the results.
    Thanks.

I was able to remove the substance with acetone as suggested using Q-tips, a soft rag and some patience. There are two discoloration spot around the etching. I saw the two spot before using acetone and was hoping it was the substance. No luck there though. Not a flawless SA but a nice one. Here are some new photos post substance removal.

What would be a fare retail value for this SA?

SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?SA dagger with yellow substance. Dried Preservative?

Much better! Would be even beter the right way around in the scabbard My pet hate Seriously it looks great.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A world of difference!
    I am glad that we were able to help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast