Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA Daggers grip damage.

Article about: Hi there, I have two fairly salty SA daggers in my collection. Both from different states, different sources, etc. But they both have knife carving, whittle marks in the wood surrounding the

Default SA Daggers grip damage.

Hi there,

I have two fairly salty SA daggers in my collection.

Both from different states, different sources, etc.

But they both have knife carving, whittle marks in the wood surrounding the eagle embossed in the center of the grip, otherwise save for wear and tear they are fairly good condition.

My guess, is that someone decided for whatever reason to remove the eagle and swastika, then someone else returned a replacement one.

Is there another reason, has anyone else encountered this damage?

I only ask because the damage is almost identical on two knives from very different parts of the country.

Pit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Daggers grip damage.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Daggers grip damage.

Hi Pit, if you have any pics that would be helpful. But I suspect that you are correct in your thoughts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks like they were de-nazified and later restored to their former glory, but as stated by Ade: lets pics do the talking...

Ger

Damaged SA Daggers.
    SA Daggers grip damage.
    2012-10-28155954.jpg
    Denazified then renazified - I guess.

Pit.
    Last edited by pitfighter; 10-29-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Pit fighter your attachments are not opening,, can you try to reload again or send me the link and I can post them for you? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here's the link.
    warrelics and photobucket have disagreements over nearly half the pictures I post, lol.

Pit.
    I posted the photo for you. Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Daggers grip damage.  

Hi Pitfighter,,what works for me if an image does not upload for you try resizing your image by a couple of kbs and after that rename your photo in your file. You are right as both of theses daggers have been abused and the one on the right is mismatched in parts. The one on the left looks period but again parts put together. Crossguard to upper scabbard fitting is really bad and the grip on the one as you say has been heavily violated. Also it is common to see de nazified daggers and daggers put together with parts. Some daggers have fake insignia. So yes its common and ashame to see in this condition. I hope you did not pay alot for these 2 as they must of seen better days before someone got their hands on them. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry - I thought as much, and for sure assembled from parts, I guessed that much and paid or traded accordingly - I believe I found these in Utah and Virginia respectively.
    I collect firearms and accessories, with a few daggers, swords or uniforms when something appeals.

I noticed they were both damaged in the same way, I was just curious about the nature of the damage.

Thank you for the detailed insight - don't feel bad about them, I enjoy them, I actually don't mind the odd beat up relic - and post war denazification represents history, too.
    SA Daggers grip damage.
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...0-28193256.jpg

Pit.
    *Thank you for posting the pic, Larry.
    Last edited by pitfighter; 10-29-2012 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Terrible grammer, etc.,

Any time Pitfighter!! Looking forward to seeing some of your other collectibles on the other forums here at the WRF. Regards Larry