Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn

Article about: Hi Guys got given this in return for doing a bit of plumbing , Early SA all nickle fittings By Ernst Pack & Sohn With Gruppe markings for Sachsen , Common i know but in my opinion a good

Default SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn

Hi Guys got given this in return for doing a bit of plumbing , Early SA all nickle fittings By Ernst Pack & Sohn With Gruppe markings for Sachsen , Common i know but in my opinion a good example,I look forward to your views positive or negative, Cheers PaulSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & SohnSA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn
    P
    Many

nice dagger you got,you must be good plumber

Other than..the crossgaurd being bent on one side and the gruppe mark "Sa" not being seen with this producer..overall its a great fit. The grip eagle has been replaced at some point..if you take notice to the outer wing feathers compared below. Take note of the fat outer feathers in the photo on the left compared what is commonly seen with the photo on the right. All of the the grip eagle producers tend to keep within the same details of specifications except for couple of minute differences in the eagle head and wing lines.
    The grip does not appear to be the typical EP&S fruitwood type but anything is possible in production numbers.

SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn

The person who paid you with this dagger must have fallen on hard times. Nice payment Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you guys for your opinions ,Do you think larry that the Grip eagle may be reproduction ? or that it was replaced TR period? By the way Larry, I've heard that you've got a few daggers lying around so if you need a cistern sorted out ? haha cheers Paul

I feel it might unless others may have an opinion on this eagle..which i have never seen before...and on Pack Grips..I usually dont see too much trauma around the grip eagle being dug around on most Pack daggers. Unless this is a die error..which I have seen clogged swastika legs..but none have I seen like this. Im only seeing one band at the bottom of the swaz wreath at the 6 oclock position..where as it is common to see them at 3-6 and 9 oclock positions. You still done well with the dagger.

SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn SA Dienstdolch by E Pack & Sohn
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I cant place this one.......the grip has been laquered or polished liked the guards, and the top guard is looking more like a Eickhorn with its "rounded" looks then a Pack which has a more "straightened" look.
    Maybe its just a bad angle of the pictures, but im not convinced.
    Im not sure that this dagger is a complete Pack.
    But for some plumbing you did well!

Ger

I would venture an opinion that not only has the grip eagle been replaced, but rather it's been set into an entirely newly made grip as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agree with The other members , looks like the grip was refinished and eagle replaced at some stage . Still a nice one for some plumbing work !

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I would venture an opinion that not only has the grip eagle been replaced, but rather it's been set into an entirely newly made grip as well.
    William i think your right, looking at the center ridge this grip can only be homemade.
    Its way to far left to be a German factory grip.
    Also looking on the right just below the SA runesbutton its clear to see its not machine made.

Ger

Thank you all for your Expertise & opinions So in conclusion, The general opinion seems to be that its a parts dagger with some kind of homemade grip with an unknown or repro eagle ! someone sure went to alot of trouble getting this E. Pack up to scratch ,but hey it sure looks nice. Cheers Paul thanks again. P.S. i'll have this apart later to see whats going on .
    Last edited by paulscoot; 04-13-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast