Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch for review

Article about: Hi, this is the first SA Dagger that I have seen by this maker, Malsch & Ambronn. Are they one of the more uncommon makers? It seems to have very nice fitting parts.

Default SA Dienstdolch for review

Hi, this is the first SA Dagger that I have seen by this maker, Malsch & Ambronn. Are they one of the more uncommon makers? It seems to have very nice fitting parts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch for review   SA Dienstdolch for review  

SA Dienstdolch for review   SA Dienstdolch for review  

SA Dienstdolch for review   SA Dienstdolch for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch for review
    P
    Many

Hi Saginaw...a very nice find..and unmessed with condition. Malsch and Ambron ..is more of one of the common makers.appearing as a 3 on SA rarity..but frequently seen more so. The whole dagger has a nice tight fit..and you would need dental floss to get between the guards..they are so tightly fit.

The Motto font is in exceptional condition retaining all its black burnshing. The Letter "D" in Deutchland stands out being rounded in appearance. Nice

A fairly common maker with a correct SA gruppe Mark "Th" Thuringia,,,and also this is a Thuringia producer !! I like that combination. Not important..but just a subtle distinctive variation I have noticed in theses Early SA daggers..and their SA Gruppe marked counterparts. They did not make any Late SA RZM typ daggers..but also NSKK have been seen..and they do have an SS Contract number to produce RZM marked SS daggers. ( RZM 1164/38 SS )

You have the 3rd and final logo variant that is most commonly seen. Congrats on a perfect unmessed with Early SA Dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the very informative reply Larry! I also liked the fact that this has not been messed with!

Here you go Saginaw..check out the diffrences in Font types..which there are a few that vary by the producer or the sub contracted etch appliers.

below is your Malsch and Ambron..and mine is a rare producer Ernst Witte. You will notice if you look closely that the Font script on my Ernst Witte dagger..is smaller in size and does not appear to be tall in its lettering.
    You can see the noticeable difference in the lettering type. This is another attribute of the hobby that some also collect these type of daggers whether SA or SS motto fonts.

SA Dienstdolch for review SA Dienstdolch for review

So the thrill of these daggers is not just the shape and color....nor what it represented...its also all those small over looked details that gives a dagger character and insight to the producer. The more one collects these..the more one will be able to identify these small traits..and confidently say..." Oh this is a Boker..because of the crossguards shape..or this is a Aesculap or F. Dick because of the dark wood grip...etc etc.

A deeper study of internal markings..such as tang forge markings also point to Producers who produced or outsourced their blades.

A cold truth also involves dissection sometimes even when it hurts ..to allow the student to feel pain or expose dummies ( Fake Daggers swords and artifacts )......... for what they are..and what they " Nearly Seem to Appear " when they are not.

SA Dienstdolch for review SA Dienstdolch for review

There is much to study,.. than just what it appears, as a brown or black dagger. Cool stuff Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Can't say more than our esteemed Larry. But a real beauty of a dagger none the less.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agreed. It is a nice original dagger. Congrats!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you for the replies Michael and Adrian! While it is in my collection it will remain in the unmessed with condition that the veteran who brought it back left it in!

A very nice "one looker" early SA that remains unmessed with, just how they should be and stay, congrats!!!!

She's a beaut, lots of character.