Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)

Article about: Hello all, Third dagger here. It is (or is purporting to be) a RZM M7/12 SA dagger. As most of you know RZM M7/12 is Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg. I really don't like this dagger. The scabbar

The grip likely was badly damaged and someone made up a new one and mounted the old grip eagle and roundel in it. Whether this was post-war done is difficult to say, but I would imagine so. As for the rest, yes, the parts look to be all original, but did they start out from day one together? Again, difficult to say definitively. Either way, this dagger will never be very collectable. It has seen major work done to it and just when this was done is anyone's guess. Condition-wise, it is in fairly poor shape as well. The blade has significant damage and corrosion to it and the guards are peeling. It is permanently in the area of being only a curio. Bottom line, it is not a dagger that I would want and is not collectable.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)
    P
    Many

?

Thank you William, your input is a much appreciated. I totally understand what you are saying about collectibility. I would really not want this one either.

Pass on it Doug..the blade is not what it appears..Im leaning on the motto being photoshopped than anything else. Look under greater magnification and tell me why the motto appears dark..while the deteriorated blade shows all kinds of stress cracks scraping....you name it..every kind of mal condition appears on it.

Dont waste your time..IMO..regardless of authenticity. Im not liking the blade condition to motto condition at all.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry to pass such quick judgement on this dagger..but the photos..give the impression that it has been photoshopped..as you have had this dagger in your hand..so I jumped th gun a bit...yet I feel a better example can be found. Sorry again. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Much appreciate the input Larry. I had very similar concerns that you have. The etching is certainly there, but some of the markings on the blade made me suspect. Much appreciate your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2