Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?

Article about: Ade, that is a great link, thanks! Mark

Default SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?

Hello all,i hope you can help! On my SA dagger there are some numbers which are scratched onto the scabbard just below the westfalen stamp. Are they a service number of some type and if so is there a way of traceing the SA guys name down? The numbers are 16/14438. Thanks for your input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?

Hi F.S. Jager there are no references or " SA Service lists" that are readily available for SA Men as there are for SS men. There are a few isolated lists of some small SA units floating around. This is one of the tragedies of this hobby as a master list was never found and I am sure there would not be a book big enough to hold all the names. There were some lists found after the war,, but nothing in the size of an SS dienstalterliste or that were published. There are a few private collectors who might have some of them,, but again ,, no one I know of. Some of these SA numbers are traceable , but its a needle in a haystack. On one bright note at least your daggers original owner served in Westfalia,, which is known to have Himmlers castle. I have an SA also with a unit number but with no face. Regards Larry

Hi Larry, Thanks for your input, it's a real shame there are no records surviving.CHEERS LEON.

?

Leon, lets see more photos of your SA dagger please

Cheers Mac 66.

Hi Mac,i will put some on tomorrow morning for you as im away from home at the moment!

Unfortunately, these lightly marked numbers could be almost anything. They could be the serviceman's serial number who brought it back or they could even be an identification number for insurance-this used to be done years ago much to collectors disgust. Or, they could be, as you said, the SA man's number too.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry mac, i can't work out how to do it without starting a new thread!

SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?

Gentlemen, there are SA daggers, mainly issued in the Northern districts that had stamped brigade numbers on them and the SA troopers number on them. I own several of them. The "Gau" or district mark is always Nm. Here is one dagger. The scabbard is always marked identically.

Mark

- - Updated - -

Here is a marked SA indicating the brigade number and the owners SA number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch unit / owners service numbers?  

Hi Leon, please see here:

Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - Sturmnummer

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi FSJ,!! if you want to post photos in the same thread its easy just go down to the lower right hand corner of the reply window and click "go advanced" and scroll down a little until you see "upload Photos" after that it is the same as posting photos. I hope this helps. Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast