Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel

Article about: Hi this is my first post here and I thought I would show you my 'Lazy man grind'Rohm Ehrendolh made by Hanel,Suhl. Jon Page. Attachment 553341

Default SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel

Hi this is my first post here and I thought I would show you my 'Lazy man grind'Rohm Ehrendolh made by Hanel,Suhl.

Jon Page.
    SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by HaenelSA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by HaenelAttachment 553341SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by HaenelSA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by HaenelSA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by HaenelSA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Ehrendolch Partial Rohm by Haenel
    P
    Many

Hello Lord Page and welcome to the forum. I have seen some of your examples also on the GDC and the forum here also welcomes them for their enjoyment. please feel free to post some of your German Edged Weapons. I also took the liberty of copying your post and adding it to our existing Rohm dagger thread titled " June 30 1934" .... ( link below ) Post #3. Thank you for posting a fine example of craftmanship...these Suhl makers are in a class of their own... Regards Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...1934-a-318070/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice dagger, what was the deciding factor with the name being partially ground off compared to a full ground rohm, was a full grind done by the factory and a partial done privately? I also recently saw a decent salty unground rohm go up for sale at a very reasonable price and it sold faster then you can say Ehrendolch lol

Both were done privately and by the factory also.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Some men still felt loyalty to Rohm-even though he'd been shot and disgraced. They were absolutely forbidden under severe punishment to have Rohm's name on their daggers, but having just the inscription (In cordial friendship)on it was grudgingly allowed.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Lovely dagger

Luckily you found a lazy grinder

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Hi Jon,

Great Ground Rohm SA Dagger

One To Be Proud Of

Hope To See More Of Your Lovely TR Daggers !

Regards Mac 66.

I always liked the Haenel SA's. Most have the lighter color grips, and the thinner crossguards. Loved the craftsmanship too! Great daggers from a producer of bicycles! Wonerful example of a partial Rohm!
    Mark

?

Very nice indeed Jon! It doesn't look to have been taken down either , just how i like 'em
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for all the comments I don't know any collectors personally and I find sharing oline is one of the nicest parts about collecting.At the same time it helps to build databases on these rare daggers and there are not a lot about.This certainly is a beautiful dagger,It came to me from Lakeside Trader,Paul has a real knack for finding these daggers and the condition is amazing.Condition can really vary on partials but the hidden story behind each one is fascinating, it looks like a backyard file job on the Haenel always nice to see a little of the name still there, this dagger has been loved must have meant a lot to the primary owner.It is interesting the various types of grind from the scratched out with a few strokes of a screwdriver to the neater buff outs.They must have depended a lot on circumstances with loyalties being a factor or just maybe following orders to the letter,certainly stirs the imagination. My other partial Rohm,the SS is showing it's age a bit but it's still a Rohm,the name on that one has been buffed out completely with some care.I have a research file on the way from Ross Kelbaugh and I will post pic's and information soon I already have a name,face and some interesting information from Ross to go on and a lot more on the way.I will look up your Rohm dagger forum and look forward to further interaction with this forum.

Regards Jon Page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast