Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA full inscription Rohm dagger by Henckles

Article about: To all...... just added a super nice full Rohm by Henckels to the collection, but have a question. I thas the group stamp on the left front instead of center reverse. ( Bo ) Is this a common

Default re: SA full inscription Rohm dagger by Henckles

Quote by myky View Post
    Here's the best I can do with my limited equipment.....
    Yes I have that problem

It looks right as rain, and I don't think there is anything to worry about, it has great patina to it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA full inscription Rohm dagger by Henckles
    P
    Many

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Yes I have that problem

It looks right as rain, and I don't think there is anything to worry about, it has great patina to it
    Thanks bud....... I thought the same. It was suggested that I dismantle the grip and turn the crossguard around, but it looks to never been apart so I'm going to leave it alone. I'm reluctant to change anything on them because I may do more harm than good.

That's a beuty you have there MYKY you dont see them too often, now i am drooling!!!!!!! big time thanks for showing

cheer's Ronnie

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    That's a beuty you have there MYKY you dont see them too often, now i am drooling!!!!!!! big time thanks for showing

cheer's Ronnie
    Ronnie, thanks for the accolades...... It's the 1st one I've ever had, and it's in unbelievable condition ! The vet is 88 and said it came from the " redoubt " area that his group was assigned to. It came with a SS ground Rohm along with some other items. There is some more photos of it on my web site Home Page. I marked it sold......... from my business to my personal collection. I plan to hold on to it awhile.. I run newspaper ads consistently in my area and every once in awhile I will find something like this. The Lord has been good to me!

Default SA Full Inscription by Henckles

Hi,
    I don't think the Gau ( Gruppe ) Marking is really an issue..... I think to much emphasise is placed on these type of things ... It only becomes an issue when you come to sell the thing to a Dealer, then they will pick and poke at it saying it been messed with. Its a different tale when they come to sell it though.

The really hard thing to accept is .... who is the Judge to decide if the Inscription is original. Unless you actually have the original plates used for Acid Etching who's to judge.
    Did all the various manufacturers producing the Rohm Inscribed Blade have their own templates?
    How does the person selling the dagger and guaranteeing it as original know, have they all the manufactures templates that they can use to compare??
    If the Inscription has a few high spots or the M in Rohm is slightly not quite the same as on an EP&S Blade as it is on an Eickhorn who's right? and more to the point why are they right?

Also the stories that I have heard regarding the old Vet bring back, it appears more stuff was bought back than was ever Manufactured.

My advice ..... stay well clear of Bogus Inscriptions and Yarns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2