Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA full ROHM Ehrendolch

Article about: I never seen an Eickhorn Rohm with the motto far from the crossguard.. I agree with Ade,,, the rest of the dagger looks great and all period parts.

Default SA full ROHM Ehrendolch

Hello, I think I have a big fat fake SA ROHM DAGGER here are some pictures of it and here is what know about it.

Manufactured by Eickhorn

Hilt marking or district markings are He for Hessen

It has the full Rohm dedication 9.5 out of 10
    I would say the bird is a 8 out of 10 as I see all lines except the beak but I am not sure if there are supposed to be visible by just the eye? Only under a loupe with a power of x10 do I see a indentation for the eye and bottom line of the beak
    The SA is a 7 or 8 out of 10. I say this because I have no idea what a 10 looks like but this still looks great
    I would say the inscriptions are a 9.5 out of 10 only because I understand nothing is a 10 or so I hear.
    The hilt marking is a 8 out of 10 as I can plainly tell they are the letters He without the loupe and with my eyes only
    The manufacture stamp is a 9.5 out of 10 as I can read it plain as day with just my eyes.

SA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM Ehrendolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA full ROHM Ehrendolch
    P
    Many

Default re: SA full ROHM Ehrendolch

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It is possible it is/was a 'below average' dagger, pimped up with a faked
    Rohm dedication to sell it for more than it is/was worth - However,
    non-focused pictures and photos with flash kill most
    of the details.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The blade looks strange with the frosted moto to me, these pics dont help much though.
    Welcome to the forum I hope you find your answer here.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default SA full ROHM DAGGER

SA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSorry I havent figured out how to just add more pics so starting a new thread to do it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA full ROHM Ehrendolch  

Blade looks better with these pics so it stands a chance to me now, but I could be wrong need clear pics to see futher.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: SA full ROHM DAGGER real :-) or fake :-(

SA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchSA full ROHM EhrendolchAwesome thanks ok here are 13 more pictures hope this helps as I am very excited to find out if this is real or not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA full ROHM Ehrendolch  

Hi, and welcome to the forum! I hae merged and edited the two threads into one for you.

Sadly this must have a fake inscription or complete fake blade added to what is basically an original dagger, as the makers mark should be much closer to the crossguard to allow for the correct placement of the dedication motto.

Here is a ground Rohm from my collection showing the Eickhorn makers mark close to the crossguard.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Awwwwwww mannnnnnnn I was sooooo hoping for a real one Well, thank you all for your time and patience with me.

Lord have mercy,it sure fooled me.I guess the next question is what did you pay? And do you need a lawyer?

Also the dedication runs off and is not running along the spine of the blade, the one's i have seen all look like they do, sorry ,
    cheers Ronnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast