Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Article about: Below is a compilation of Dagger producers and their Gruppe mark designation to help identify the districts that the “Early” SA dagger was distributed to. To date, this is an updated list of

i have this Nskk made By Leupold with gau mark Oe
    SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers
    P
    Many

Hang onto that Luca...very rare SA Gruppe with a ton of History. Will add this SA gruppe to this producer.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Luca

The maker of this dagger is also rare, don,t see them pass a lot. This maker has 2 logo variants and is known whit the name of leuco.
    looking to the many small damage on this dagger he has a hard time behind.
    Low storm number also.

This is the second variant maker markSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Here another SA dagger from a nice maker named: TIGER Lauterjung & Co.
    We (my dad and I) have this dagger seen for sale in the USA and he wanted to buy it and asked me what I thought about it.The price was good and I could also find any strange things, only the gruppe mark NS is not known as gruppe mark of Tiger. The photo, s were good and we could see that the fit was very good, so he has decided to buy him The patina is realy nice and the top nut looks untouched en never been opened.
    We want too know what you guys think about this Gruppe mark, I think its ok and an addition to the gruppe mark list.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

It looks good to me as well, especially liking it's not fooled around with appearance. As for daggers from Tiger (and/or other makers) not being on a specific list (at least not at this moment) for a Gruppe mark I'm reminded of something another collector told me years ago when I was starting: "We ain't seen them all" meaning that as more examples are looked at it keeps expanding the data bases - even many decades after WW II ended. Best Regards, Fred

Cor
    ?

For every dagger rule, there is an exception.
    Last edited by Cor; 04-11-2016 at 09:13 PM.

"Ns" - Niedersachen added.

Very nice untouched Tiger. The grip contours are as sharp as the day it left the factory. Nice to see that. Rock Solid example..with a hint of stripes on the grip. . Well done

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Picked up this early SA at a gun show this week end. Even though the blade has seen some abuse/neglect, I still bought it because of the Herder Engels maker mark (and that it cost me as little as a nice pocket knife). I see that the Hansa "Ha" GAU is not found on your list. I've attached photos for discussion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

Hi GumShoe..thankyou for the photos. At Best a parts dagger.
    When a Gruppe mark is not seen with the current listing..the next step is to discuss the construction and fit of the dagger.

Herbert & Engels is a rarity on a scale of 8 out of 10.
    Crossguards will be internally marked with an " H "

The crossguards and grip appear to have been together for a long time....and I believe the grip does not belong to this dagger a\as seen in another Herbert & Engels example below. The lower guard IMO dos not belong and a peek inside would explain much.

> Photo Credit : WAF
    SA Gruppe mark in this example is "Nrh" for Niederhein
    Compare the crossguard fit below to your example

SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

The blade tip has been reworked as the original tip was broken off.
    All Early period fittings ...just a mix of a few producers.

A look at the top and bottom of the wood grip would shed some light also.
    Normally we refrain from opening any dagger type as research and study affords us all that we need to see on the outside of the dagger.
    When there is obvious tampering..which means the dagger is no longer a virgin type and it would not devalue it further by reopening for further study.

A photo please of the top of the guard.

Regards Larry

?

Default Oe Rohm dagger made by Carl Eickhorn

HI Larry, please add my Oe Eickhorn Rohm dagger to your listing if you do not already have one.SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast