Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Holler - Dienstdolch

Article about: Hey guys. Have the opportunity to pick up two daggers. This SA below and an NSKK. Will post separately. These are cell phone shots that were sent to me but was hoping you could all take a lo

MAP
    ?

Default SA Holler - Dienstdolch

Hey guys.

Have the opportunity to pick up two daggers. This SA below and an NSKK. Will post separately.

These are cell phone shots that were sent to me but was hoping you could all take a look and give me some feedback.

Looks like a mid transitional Holler. Blade has some spots on it but otherwise it looks unmessed with.

Anything special Holler?

Any and all comments are welcome.

Michael

SA Holler - DienstdolchSA Holler - DienstdolchSA Holler - DienstdolchSA Holler - DienstdolchSA Holler - DienstdolchSA Holler - Dienstdolch
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Holler - Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

?

MAP,

A nice honest looking Transitional Holler,

These Transitional period SAs are becoming quite hard to find therefore desirable & very collectable .

Regards Mac 66.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    MAP,

A nice honest looking Transitional Holler,

These Transitional period SAs are becoming quite hard to find therefore desirable & very collectable .

Regards Mac 66.
    Thanks Mac. I'm not up to speed on these daggers so thanks for the information. A big help!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'd definitely pick them both up. Daggers like this don't come around very often anymore. You're lucky to have found this and the NSKK. If you get them, perhaps you can share some more pictures? Thanks!
    Mark

MAP
    ?

Quote by mlk4114 View Post
    I'd definitely pick them both up. Daggers like this don't come around very often anymore. You're lucky to have found this and the NSKK. If you get them, perhaps you can share some more pictures? Thanks!
    Mark
    Thanks MLK,

Already struck a deal with my dealer friend. He agreed to hold this AND the NSKK Kober as I raise the money. He's a fantastic guy who has a knack of finding some really good stuff.

Michael

One of the Rarely seen transitionals. This is a nice find for the "type" collector.

Personal preference is the early SAs..not just because of the quality and craftmanship..but more of a historical meaning. The early SA was an important catalyst, ushering Hitler into power in 1933 those few years afterward. Since then The SS grew in strength..and the necessity for brawlers and thugs..was less important. Towards the end of the Mid period, after Kristallnacht 1938 Their strong arm use was becoming waning as the SS had already surpassed the SA in fear and intimidation. The SA into the Late period was a " Lion without teeth" used for parades and other function type duties.

There are quite a few producers even into the late period that made exceptional daggers in quality. The History of these daggers are what is important more so than just the aesthetic appeal..and craftmanship. This is the reason why we collect . Nice find ! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice Original transitional Höller.
    Completely build with RZM parts: alu eagle, chrome plated fittings and a painted scabbard.
    This one still has a good fit and blade that makes it worth collecting!

I would say go for the both!

Cheers,
    Ger

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice Original transitional Höller.
    Completely build with RZM parts: alu eagle, chrome plated fittings and a painted scabbard.
    This one still has a good fit and blade that makes it worth collecting!

I would say go for the both!

Cheers,
    Ger
    Ger,

I am ....just need to raise the money. Should have these by Dec. Dealer is holding them for me. He's a good guy!

Cor
    ?

Nice daggers we have Michael. I've found his "brother" about a month ago in the USA:

See;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...pistol-466627/

Regards,
    Cor

MAP
    ?

Quote by Cor View Post
    Nice daggers we have Michael. I've found his "brother" about a month ago in the USA:

See;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...pistol-466627/

Regards,
    Cor
    Cor,

Yes. I saw your thread when I was researching mine.

I don't have mine in hand yet but appears you're is in a bit better condition, especially the blade!

Maybe they did come from the same place. Not sure where my friend picked it up, but somewhere in the New York area I would presume.

I would be happy to have his "brother" come and visit for an extended period of time

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast