Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA honor Dagger??

Article about: Snyder is in a league of his own.............. Morris

Default Re: SA honor Dagger??

Bob,When you want a laugh take a peek at ole synder's site.I know you go back to the same time i got into the German regalia hobby and maybe before.These cretins found more fish than a tuna boat and this garbage is still floating around!!Also i can understand why you dont go into his site as he and a few others have been stealing money(no other word for it) since the 60's.You know what draws flies and he sure fits what the flies land on!Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA honor Dagger??
    P
    Many

Question Curious connection??

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    This dagger was fabricated from real parts by a jeweler and master engraver in the late 1950's. It, along with several other similar pieces, were made for a targeted early collector Dutch Heilmann. His fake fantasy daggers were illustrated in the first English language reference book on daggers written by Raidl and Leslie in the late 1950's. There was another similar SA, a SS dagger with runic inscription, an engraved Red Cross dagger with the name of the German Red Cross head, Dr. Conti, on the blade. He even engraved a Japanese Navy stainless steel samurai sword blade with a runic inscription! As I never visit Snyder's site, I did not notice it. After 50+ years, the junk is still in circulation.
    Bob - while speaking with a few fellow collectors the other day about "exotic" edged weapons, the names "Heilman", "Waites", and "Moses" came up in conversation . . . someone mentioned this "Bird Dagger", as well as another item I believe may be associated with the aforementioned names - the "Kaltenbrunner Sword" . . . seeing as you know much about this "Bird Dagger", and it's connection to Mr. Heilman, would you happen to have any information about a [reputed?] relationship between Mr. Heilman and this "Kaltenbrunner Sword" of which these fellows were discussing?

SA honor Dagger??SA honor Dagger??SA honor Dagger??

Default Re: Curious connection??

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Bob - while speaking with a few fellow collectors the other day about "exotic" edged weapons, the names "Heilman", "Waites", and "Moses" came up in conversation . . . someone mentioned this "Bird Dagger", as well as another item I believe may be associated with the aforementioned names - the "Kaltenbrunner Sword" . . . seeing as you know much about this "Bird Dagger", and it's connection to Mr. Heilman, would you happen to have any information about a [reputed?] relationship between Mr. Heilman and this "Kaltenbrunner Sword" of which these fellows were discussing?

SA honor Dagger??SA honor Dagger??SA honor Dagger??
    I never had the opportunity to meet Mr. Heilman and have no knowledge of any connection between him and the Kaltenbrunner sword. I also never knew Mr. Waites. Bob Moses was a fixture in the serious collector field for many years. He always collected nothing but the finest material he could find. He retired from collecting about eight years ago due to discuss with all of the fakes coming in to the market. The last paart of his collection he sold was his documented collection of Blood Orders.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Re: Curious connection??

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I have heard all kinds of stories about these fellows over the years . . . as well as a few about the Kaltenbrunner piece . . . some day maybe all of the stories will come together, and begin to make sense.

?

In the Danish language, the direct translation of the word 'snyder' is 'cheater!'

......just saying.

When the "Kaltenbrunner" sword surfaced a few years ago on another forum there was a long discussion that was somewhat abruptly terminated. But not before I captured some good images of that particular fake which I still have. With Bob Moses mentioned as the previous owner to the new one, but someone not yet mentioned vouching for the sword's workmanship etc. With regrettably Mr. Moses being one of the victims of a high end fake (like some others) - that in the age of the Internet brings to light to a wider audience some of the fakes that for years had been accepted as legitimate period items. FP

how come snyder is in business with that reputation ?
    he has everything and more and keeps getting one of a kind items more often than I go to the washroom :-)

come on is a beautiful example, you guys nee to see this dagger to talk about........ them you realize is all good ,after all the man start shows on the east coast ,was and is one of the older's collector in the usa referent to german militaria he deserve respect for the 50+ years in the hobby yes is hard to deal with but he has realy nice items,before wittman ,jhonson etc,etc there he was

Quote by padilla9937 View Post
    come on is a beautiful example, you guys nee to see this dagger to talk about........ them you realize is all good ,after all the man start shows on the east coast ,was and is one of the older's collector in the usa referent to german militaria he deserve respect for the 50+ years in the hobby yes is hard to deal with but he has realy nice items,before wittman ,jhonson etc,etc there he was
    Welcome to the Forum. Respect in this hobby is earned. Once you cross over to the dark side, it is impossible to recover a good reputation. The Internet has opened a brand new field of interest world wide. Many individuals who have come to collecting through the Internet know nothing of fakes and do not belong to Forums such as this site. Therefore, they have no way that they are being had.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I visisted one of the biggest collectors of Europe last saturday.

He showed me the pictures of a real High Leader presentation dagger, complete with the SA clip, the damast blade with the golden presentation text on the back, the golden Eickhorn logo.
    This dagger will be in the SA book of Wittmann that will be published shortly......seeing the real deal makes the fakes look small

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast