Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sa honor dagger, a good one??

Article about: Compare the pic's Larry hyperlinked to. Look at the pattern in the Damascus. The offset "Alles Fur Deutschland" Its a NO!!!! Just trying to help. Semper Fi Phil

?

Compare the pic's Larry hyperlinked to. Look at the pattern in the Damascus. The offset "Alles Fur Deutschland"
    Its a NO!!!!
    Just trying to help.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa honor dagger, a good one??
    P
    Many

#1 ..you need to ask yourself this question..why was the dagger opened in the first place?
    #2 ..for an Eickhorn Honor dagger..why does it not fit well..including the blade shoulders to crossguard fit?
    #3...Even if I had $40K to play with..surely I would not bid on this particular dagger not in this day and age.
    #4..You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
    #5..Im not comfortable with this dagger at all..and anyone else may form their own conclusions. Im not about to hand over the keys to Gotham city..and tell everything wrong about this dagger....for the fakers who are sitting on the edge of their seats right now reading this......Nice try..but NO!! Let them "hone" their skills at someone elses expense
    Im not the final word on this..and my findings are found through study only.

It seems Jose...you are very well versed on the same identifications as what Im seeing....but yet either you wont take no or my opinion for an answer....or you want me to answer in detail..which in some things I draw the line on which I refuse to cross. Sorry this is my last post on this..and will not contribute any further about this dagger. The thread will remain open for discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Viriathus,

the only thing I can say (as a newbie)...be careful!
    I checked the offers at the Berliner Auktionshaus.

I found HJ flags...sold for just 110 Euros.
    This can't be genuine. No way.

harti

Quote by Larry C View Post
    #1 ..you need to ask yourself this question..why was the dagger opened in the first place?
    #2 ..for an Eickhorn Honor dagger..why does it not fit well..including the blade shoulders to crossguard fit?
    #3...Even if I had $40K to play with..surely I would not bid on this particular dagger not in this day and age.
    #4..You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
    #5..Im not comfortable with this dagger at all..and anyone else may form their own conclusions. Im not about to hand over the keys to Gotham city..and tell everything wrong about this dagger....for the fakers who are sitting on the edge of their seats right now reading this......Nice try..but NO!! Let them "hone" their skills at someone elses expense
    Im not the final word on this..and my findings are found through study only.

It seems Jose...you are very well versed on the same identifications as what Im seeing....but yet either you wont take no or my opinion for an answer....or you want me to answer in detail..which in some things I draw the line on which I refuse to cross. Sorry this is my last post on this..and will not contribute any further about this dagger. The thread will remain open for discussion. Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,

I've been away due to work, and once again could only access the internet with my tablet. In first place I want to thank you for your valuable contribution to this discussion, as an expert.

I work in archaeology, and it is of vital importance for me to exactly understand why a particular object is real or a fake. This is why in the case of the dagger I was trying to understand your reasons... Nevertheless I have no enough knowledge to arguing with true experts as you and other Forum members, and I must accept your opinions as valid!

In case I have desisted from the purchase of the dagger, which I believe is nothing but a fake, and I saved at least $10.700. I give my thanks to you for your inestimable help!

With very best regards,

Jose

Hi Jose... this hobby can be very challenging at times..and most of it is directed mainly at the artifact itself. The forum members main point here is to see the dagger for what it is first..so its not an attack on the poster. For the advanced collector....there are no words or vet stories that can ever change the authenticity of an artifact..but what is commonly seen..for such daggers. Stories will usually will fall in 2nd place..to support the dagger if it matches there whereabouts of when it was first produced.

I have always said this before..I would rather walk away and still be rich..than to be poor with owning an empty promise. The WRF and its overall seasoned members here..know the difference..and not much gets by them at all. These guys here can see through walls..of the item and also the stories. Im glad you are still here and hanging in there..learning this period in history is not easy..and sometimes..you get bumps and bruises along the way. Thats how you gain knowledge. Sugar coated answers..one can go to a candy store....real answers of sometimes painful truth..and education gained...you came to the right place. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Jose,
    Thanks for posting the SA Honor dagger thread. I happened to own a genuine SA honor dagger and I would like to tell you that you make the right choice for not buying this one. Larry is right!
    From my humble opinion, I believe the scabbard is good, the previous owner might have it re-leather, but the job wasn't good enough. The fitting of the upper and lower cross guard to the grip is not the only concern, but the engraving is also different from the genuine one. The picture you posted it on the previous page with two SA Honor dagger in comparison. The one on the right is genuine. The difference is the upper cross guard on the genuine one have natural oak leaves and acorn engraved. The repro one on the left have upper cross guard with "additional" horizontal line where the upper cross guard and grip meets. The style of oak leaves on the genuine one is more dimensional and detailed than the repro one as well. The grip is genuine I believe, but the upper and lower cross guard including the blade are repro from my perspective. The SA Honor dagger's grip usually come with really decent dark brown color too. I believe the auction asking for 8000 Euro for the start bidding price, that might be the cost of Honor dagger's scabbard 8000~9000 USD plus the genuine SA grip. You can always look into Larry's post : SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn Hope you find my sharing useful, Cheers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2