Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me

Article about: I was looking through some posting on Gun Broker and came across this dagger. It had a very nice story to go with it.....a veteran bring back yad yad. To me it looks just made. It has been b

SA Honor daggers are unchained
    You are thinking of SA Chained Honor daggers.

Photo credit GDC
    SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me

There is a reason why I ask for more photos whether its junk or not
    There is alot more going on with these high end daggers externally and internally.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me
    P
    Many

Hi Larry, with everyone who has looked at this dagger and saying it is junk, I was wondering if it would be ok to have a little fun with it by starting a price pool. The auction today is at $3,000, people seem to bid on it each day in small amounts. Wondering if anyone can guess the final price in 6 days.

John

Thankyou for asking.......I dont see any harm in guessing a closing price !
    Everyone knows the true value of a full authentic SA High leader dagger.

Keep the guessing within the auction..do not bring ( as much as its tempting to bring other dealers into this thread ) ....but the idea is to guess a closing price. I would be curious also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Beautiful day here on the East Coast.,came in from some yard work and checked the auction. I was thinking that just maybe one of these bidders would start checking around to confirm that dagger is authentic. One of the best and most informed member web sights would be here. I am going with $3,500 as final price. When the auction is over, was thinking of telling the buyer that I have a bridge I would like to sell him.

John

This dagger has renewed my interest in Daggers. Been doing some research and was wondering what the feeling of the board is to taking daggers apart to really see what you have. I read that you can tell a lot when looking at the blade tang such as "Originals" have no grind marks. I have yet to see at a show where someone asked to take one apart. The following is a pic of the Honor Dagger in question blade less the wood handle. Are those grind marks? Currently at $3,525 look out $5,000

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

Currently $5,275 one day to go.

John

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Currently $5,275 one day to go.

John
    Oh my....sad...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I do see billet clamp marks on the side of the tang....meaning the blade may have been produced during the period.
    That doesnt mean anything.

These dagger fittings were internally marked and to even come close to thinking about acquiring one of these daggers if I had Maps money ...I would want to see the markings first. Other than that.all " Bets " are off !

Regards Larry

Larry here are a couple of pics of the internal stampings. I am wondering if this will change the overall opinion on daggers originality. I am by far no expert but there are so many things that look wrong to me. I noticed that all handling of dagger is with gloves...really!! must be extremely valuable. There are 76 pics, Lakeside has 3 pics that are not so great. So many red flags.

Cheers;

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me   SA Honor Dagger Looks Fishy to Me  

Gloves dont mean anything unless its cold outside ..dont be fooled by it.
    The blade is total junk and the word Damast on that nice clean tang is in the wrong location and the stamping is incorrect.

The tiny photo of the guards says much that the seller is trying to hide something ..probably something that should be there but isnt. ( Internal numbers )
    The grip is authentic as is the scabbard ..but the grip doesnt belong to this at all and has also incorrect stampings.

LOL ..$5275 ....the scabbard may be close to that value. What a joke !
    The gloves adds a nice touch to the smoke and mirrors effect....or Gunbroker has a reputation of not knowing what they have and think its real or have been told that.

Now I am very curious what sap will win the final bid.

Regards Larry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast