Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"

Article about: This SA maker has confused many who do not collect these types. This maker has 6 logo variants,,and is mostly confusing in discerning the difference between standard and Rohm inscriptions. W

Default SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"

This SA maker has confused many who do not collect these types. This maker has 6 logo variants,,and is mostly confusing in discerning the difference between standard and Rohm inscriptions. What separates the logos is the little and sometimes unnoticeable "dot" on the off end of the logo.

The first 2 photos are the "Non-Rohm" Variant with and without the dots and further away from the crossguard.

The next photo which I have one of has the logo very close to the crossguard allowing room for the Rohm inscription,,and this variant also has "with and without" the dots.

The last 2 photos are the "across the blade variant" "with and without the dots". This also would allow for the Rohm inscription to be applied,,but I have not seen an example showing this variant with the inscription. If someone has a photo of this variant,, please post it. The photos come from the collectors of GDC member Hermann V,, R.R. Pitbull,,and myself.

This maker is most noticeable by there dark grips. Occasionally lighter ones have been encountered.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"   SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"  

SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"   SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"

Thx for showing Larry

Cheers,
    Ger

I had a chance to pick up one of these a few months ago and lost out on it. A beautiful dagger.

This is just my opinion and not a matter of fact.....but we see makers ( Like Eickhorn) that use more than one logo with subtle changes in appearance. My opinion,,on the reason why,,is it was a matter of keeping track of production numbers. I will use F.Dick as an example,,during their production run an X number of daggers used the dots with the logo furthest away from the crossguard,,with and with out and the same with Rohm closest to the crossguard....etc etc. What are your thoughts on the reasons why there are logo variations by the same maker?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This is just my opinion and not a matter of fact.....but we see makers ( Like Eickhorn) that use more than one logo with subtle changes in appearance. My opinion,,on the reason why,,is it was a matter of keeping track of production numbers. I will use F.Dick as an example,,during their production run an X number of daggers used the dots with the logo furthest away from the crossguard,,with and with out and the same with Rohm closest to the crossguard....etc etc. What are your thoughts on the reasons why there are logo variations by the same maker?
    This would be my best educated guess as well.

Just for information, I am in negotiation about this one. Westmark (Wm) marked, logo across the blade and without dot.

Hi Fritz thankyou for studying this thread about the dots with this producer....

It would best to hold off on negotiating on this dagger as that dedication is a laser etch .
    The dagger itself is correct ..not the etch.

Laser etches have smooth curvatures in the lettering..whereas acid etch will leave a more rough surface to the curvature edges.
    Unless you can get greater photos of the etch ( Closeups ) ...I would walk away from this one photo.

Regards Larry

Thank you very much Larry. I attached another picture, more detailed. I don't judge, just think that the edges are not so very smooth? Just an idea, I can walk away from the deal without a problem. Not cheap as you can imagine, so very important to have your opinions.SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"SA Maker F.Dick and the "dots"

Perfect laser etching

Thankyou for the greater photos

its easy to take a $900 dagger and turn it into a $4500 dagger,...the same thing with etched bayonets

Thx a lot for your opinion, saves me quite a lot of money for what is just a basic SA dagger.