Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

Article about: Hi guys! im all new to this forum but as my collecting have been taking form to a whole different stage in other words much more serious then before when i just collect stuff like EK2 and KV

Default re: SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?I have at least 200 SA daggers and I would sell some to fellow collectors wanting a mint to starter one. Most are in the price range you mentioned, towards the higher end though. I am very slowly peeling off my collection but I just bought a beautiful HACO that a new member posted for opinions a few weeks ago. Over the years I found that if you have too much of a good thing you just can't pay proper attention to it all. This storage desk is full of various dagger and is in Johnson's Vol V shown as a storage method.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?
    P
    Many

200 SA daggers?? Mark, thats phenomenal! Well done! I'll have to remember you when my employment situation changes for the better!

Nice picture! I will study those two more and try to choose one of the them

Cheers

Mark 200!?!? thats insane!

Cheers. Daniel

SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?I would go with an early nickel silver SA. The later RZM plated ones just eat themselves alive due to the reaction of the plating over the zinc and passage of time and exposure to air and especially any moisture. Here is a picture I posted a while back with a few of mine out for an annual Ren wax treatment. I actually have two crates full of them. I store the blades out of the scabbards once they come into my possession to eliminate any future runner marks.

Mark

The reaction ive actually heard about before and its even called "Zinc pest" if i remember correct
    and the the maker HACO was in Berlin right? beacuse i saw one of those on an auction site here in sweden about a month ago

Daniel

Those with a good eye will notice the FN SCAR light rifle on top of one of the two crates that I store my SA's, SS and NSKK daggers in, each wrapped in a towel with it's own scabbard, each scabbard wrapped in the same towel but not touching the dagger.

The rifle is in case anybody tries to "bust in" when my daggers are out of secure temp and humidity controlled storage. I believe that Ren wax done once a year on the entire dagger, grip, crossguards, scabbard and hangers is the best way to keep them in top condition.

Mark

Daniel, HACO SA's are the only ones that I have ever seen that are actually hand numbered inside the grip. The lowest number I have so far is 22. I have a bunch of them and usually buy them like a crack head buys crack. I love them.

Mark

Haha! well we are all addicted to something in different ways!
    so those HACO´s are more expensive then others when in good shape because of the mark/numbers u mention?

Daniel

?

Thats alot of daggers Mark, Well done. You need a gun like that to protect them all

Cheers, Pat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast