Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SA Rohm dagger

Article about: Hi chaps finally got a sa rohn dagger hoping all checks out with this one

?

hi larry
    ok if my eye sight is ok its from the end of the hammer handle above the siegfrieds head to the bottom of the left foot is 11mm
    top of the letter p highest point to the left leg of the letter n is 17mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    As seen here.
    Did you purchase this from Lufty3?

Mint Bladed EP&S Rohm Non Ground Observations & Opinions Please Gentlemen
    Brocky where did you get this dagger as I had stated previously in the above post?

I have been studying this dagegr and comparing them to other Pack examples and what I have found is a few differences in the logo itself..which also may relate to the dedication etch.

below are just a couple including your logo in the top position.
    Take notice to 2 details and compare them with the center and right side images.
    1. Look at the belt sash
    2. and this is the killer for me personally and others may disagree ...look at the left side of the figure how his left side is perfectly straight all the way down to the left side of his leg. Its perfect and straight ! Not so on commonly seen Pack examples.

Look at the Sash and compare also. On Pack examples the sash is thinner and more sharper.
    I know lately there have some well executed laser to acid etch repros being mastered. Is this one of them?
    I honestly have to say I am not sure but as far as the grip to crossguard fit I would expect also a tighter fit.

SA Rohm dagger SA Rohm dagger SA Rohm dagger

I have spoken with other advanced collectors in this regard as sometimes we need more eyes and more experience especially in todays market. Their thoughts are also of a very cautious nature . The dagger itself is 100 % authentic of an $800 dagger ..the problem I have is the ease and craft of scammers that can perfectly add an etch and it automatically bumps the value up 5K.

These dummies look great from Madame Tussauds gallery and are eerily convincing right down to the detail ..but whats really inside is hollow.
    SA Rohm dagger

There are daggers I can toss easily back to a table with no remorse and could care less if it hit the table the wrong way and then there are daggers .. I quietly put back down and walk away. I do not know what else to say except for me personally is not one for me. I would invite other thoughts and experience as details do change when new templates are used...but all that I have studied of early Pack logos in the 1934-5 period are basically the same...with a glint of minute difference.

The logo with the straight line running down from the shoulder to the foot has me at odds including the sash.
    Brocky this is a tough one and maybe Im looking too deeply into it ..but you know what the say about gut instinct.

Other thoughts and comments welcome ............. and please no one just post " It looks good to me " ..without any knowledged support of the subject which I will delete any such baseless post. If you really dont know..then dont waste anyones time on this thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry that got me worried

?

Default Rohn dagger

Hi guys
    Brocky here I found this on lakeside trader.com
    Looks a lot like the E P & S logo that’s on my dagger
    Or am I hoping
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm dagger   SA Rohm dagger  

I would say then ..a variant that I have not found too common. We are all still learning here and even the old dogs

Not the quality Logo I expect form an Early SA Rohm

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-07-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3