Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA or SS Dagger frog

Article about: Here is a not official Frog for a SA Dagger ... or for a SS Dagger of a cavallerie unit in brown colour... no stamps

Default SA or SS Dagger frog

Here is a not official Frog for a SA Dagger ... or for a SS Dagger of a cavallerie unit in brown colour... no stamps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA or SS Dagger frog   SA or SS Dagger frog  

SA or SS Dagger frog   SA or SS Dagger frog  

SA or SS Dagger frog   SA or SS Dagger frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or SS Dagger frog
    P
    Many

As the suspension rings on SA and SS daggers are welded or soldered closed, it would be impossible to put this frog on one, IMO.
    Likely just a cut on the side of a Luftwaffe frog.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would say the position of the cut does fit to make this one of two types of vertical frogs for the SA.

1. being a homemade with a slit to allow for the eyelet to slip through ( minus the carrying ring )
    2. the other is a rare possibility hard to prove as there are no markings on the back from what I can see..that this may have been a Feldhernhalle SA unit using the same SA daggers worn by SA men.

The position of the slit makes sense as seen below in my past ownership of this homemade vertical hanger supporting a Ferndinand Neuhaus SA dagger ( Dam that SA man constructing this thing only to be always put in the scabbard backwards )

SA or SS Dagger frog

Ferdinand Neuhaus Early SA Dagger

Surely this would not be SS related

Hang onto this Sleepwalker. More opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This Feldhernhalle frog is very similar to an original example but I think this one is home made. but it's hard to say in what peroide this is done
    I like to see a dagger in it to see how it fits en looks. But indeed it will not fit with the suspension ring from the upper scabbard fitting, this must be removed.

Regards Rafael

Hello,

referring to the Mittelungsblätter der RZM such frogs were made until 1934/35 by little sattlers or leather makers without the license of the RZM.
    This is also the reason while there is no RZM or Croupon Marking on this frog...

The typical brown leather and rivets are to professional for "homemade". The colour is the havana-brown of the SA (and not the chocolate-brown of the Luftwaffe).

The RZM band this frogs, like i show, in 1934. You can read in the attachment.

The hole in the side is correct and fitt the ring of the scabbard mouth. You also can see the trades of the scabbard mouth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA or SS Dagger frog   SA or SS Dagger frog  

Wonderful to see the frog in use, and the documentation that later banned it from use by the SA! What a rare and unusual find. I collected SA daggers for several years, and don't ever remember seeing one of these. Thank you Sleepwalker!