Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Type dagger

Article about: Hi folks come across this from a reputable dealer who admits he has no idea what it is or should have been, described as period and picked up from a market stall in Germany,, i know what it

Default SA Type dagger

Hi folks come across this from a reputable dealer who admits he has no idea what it is or should have been, described as period and picked up from a market stall in Germany,, i know what it looks like,, unfinished, prototype maybe, as anyone seen anything like this.
    ps,, loking for a salty SA if anyone knows of one, around £300.
    SA Type dagger
    SA Type dagger
    SA Type dagger
    SA Type dagger
    SA Type dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Type dagger
    P
    Many

Hi GW.... One thing I love and sometimes hate in this Great hobby are the " Stories " that try to give life to modern creation.

Reputable Dealer and market Stall?....... if this is so..where is the rest of the Provenance instead a few pics this guy has to offer. If this was an early prototype that is supposed to mimic and SA dagger..then the materials of the time period which would of been far more superior in craft.. and would not show rust.

Not believing the story from the dealer..if thats what hes trying to sell to you first. Ask the "reputable" dealer if there is anymore detail ..or quote his words back to him as such >>> "he has no idea what it is or should have been, described as period - ( end Quote ) ..how he came upon that determination..when he said he had no idea what it is.

Wondering if he sells used cars also. Show us the DaggerFax first..the story we can start on another thread..as we have heard tons of these. Regards Larry

Thread moved to SA dagger forum.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A hobby knife maker trying he's luck on an old Swiss dagger design IMO
    Mfg Marc
    Last edited by unimarc; 08-22-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Clearly a homemade piece with no official connection...
    Glenn

Thanks guys,, WW2 German Daggers is the dealer good website lots of daggers on there so i guess he is legit
    official description
    Purchased in Germany at a recent market, I have no idea what this is, but it's made like and with bits of an SA dagger. Could be a one off, could be theatrical? Has long 11" steel blade. Crossguard and pommel fittings like a SA dagger, grip is a modified SA dagger grip with no insignia. Weird thing, looks great!
    £80, however not for me i think,, hoping to go to northern Arms fair Newark and pick something up however these babies seem to fetch more here in the UK , looked in the US plenty there and cheaper, not sure if shipping is a problem though.

utter rubbish.

Thats why i joined and subscribe to the for knowledge,,,makes you wonder why he brought it,, looking at his other items he clearly knows his onions.

Hi Steve, the Wehrmacht Awards Forum is the place to get a cheap SA dagger, there are several on there at the moment within your price range. You need to be a paid member to access the E stand, but its not expensive.

Thanks Douglas,, i will have a look over there..

After reading his description I feel there should be no issues with this dagger with anyone posted and the $80 price tag attached. Below is the description .

Quote by WW2 German Daggers View Post
    Purchased in Germany at a recent market, I have no idea what this is, but it's made like and with bits of an SA dagger. Could be a one off, could be theatrical? Has long 11" steel blade. Crossguard and pommel fittings like a SA dagger, grip is a modified SA dagger grip with no insignia. Weird thing, looks great!
    I dont want this thread to become a bashing ground for this particular dealer..as that particular dagger is legitimate as he has described..as a Theatre dagger. Some of his photos are a little left to be desired in image quality giving some false impressions of some of his other inventory items. Study always first in all things...and question everything before purchasing...its your money that will end up in someone else`s pocket.

The greatest money spent was joining the WRF. Thanks for posting Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast