Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Type dagger

Article about: Hi folks come across this from a reputable dealer who admits he has no idea what it is or should have been, described as period and picked up from a market stall in Germany,, i know what it

The hardest thing to photograph IMO in this hobby is steel that is uncoated or not painted. Photographing steel with direct flash which in this case on this gents site..is all on his inventory. This practice regardless of authenticity will tend to shy me away form some great daggers..as the detail will be washed out on key areas of detail.
    Reverse Flash that bounces off the brightened steel into the lens throws the light meter off into another direction and also creating a washed out mess.

Contact with the seller would be my next step if I had an interest..to provide better source photos.

Selling a House?...if I see uncared for property or a house that resembles 1313 Mocking Bird Lane ... The "Munster Residence " ..I will keep walking. This hobby is serious business with serious money to be spent. Daggers with bad flash photography are the same thing.

Presentation is everything when trying to sell anything ! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Type dagger
    P
    Many

Aww! C'mon, Larry...you Know you need it....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cool

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Selling a House?...if I see uncared for property or a house that resembles 1313 Mocking Bird Lane ... The "Munster Residence "
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Aww! C'mon, Larry...you Know you need it....
    Well since we are talking about the contents of the inner part of a house..the contents I would need to have..according to William..I would settle for " Lilly Munster" ..aka Yvonne DeCarlo. ......... HOT !! ...yes Role play is fun

SA Type dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

My childhood image of Lilly is ruined!!!! cue "Angel in the Centerfold"....

Douglas: I do not think you need to be a paying member at WAF. I rarely frequent the site but do browes it on occasion. But I do have access to the e-stand. Almost bought a DKiG a few weeks back but missed out.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Lilly !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Type dagger  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks guys, well Lilly was not available so as Doug suggested i headed over and got onto the estand,, were i saw a grubby old Dagger, no thrills,, chipped, pitted and no scabbard, well every flee ridden dog deserves a home,, £120 delivered ( well if customs allow it) not for the purist but for hey for me beggers can not be choosers it has a new home
    SA Type dagger

I hope it makes you very happy.

Cheers Doug, at least it has not been messed with i suppose,, how do customs see such items now days,, i dont have problems with European deliveries just US.

I have had knives and swords from the US with no problems at customs.

Great , thanks for all your help Douglas,, i will shoot some pics when it arrives, it would be nice if it has its own original parts, with no RZM markings would this suggest it is an early one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2