Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung)

Article about: hello, here is Julekpl again. I am looking for something for my father for Christmas. He has been ill for some time, and I have come across this ok looking SA dagger. The guy only wants \\$200

Default Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung)

hello, here is Julekpl again. I am looking for something for my father for Christmas. He has been ill for some time, and I have come across this ok looking SA dagger. The guy only wants $200 for it, and it seems to be in okay shape. I'm looking specifically for an SA dagger, my dad had one when he was a youth. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks

Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung) Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung) Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung) Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shopping for a Christmas present, hows this SA dagger? (Sturmabteilung)
    P
    Many

Well, it definitely looks like it was in the war, but if you can live with the condition, I'm not seeing anything immediately bad with it. The maker is Carl Robert (RZM M7/12) and it is a later piece with plated fitting and painted sheath, but for $200 dollars, you could find Much worse! I think a good gentle wipe down would improve it's appearance greatly. The 3 piece hanger is worth a good bit by itself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The way I look at it you're only paying about $80-$110 for the dagger, seeing as it has the 3-piece hanger. As has already been said, the condition is rough, but the price more than reflects that. Plus, if it makes your dad happy than it would be well worth it.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well, it definitely looks like it was in the war, but if you can live with the condition, I'm not seeing anything immediately bad with it. The maker is Carl Robert (RZM M7/12) and it is a later piece with plated fitting and painted sheath, but for $200 dollars, you could find Much worse! I think a good gentle wipe down would improve it's appearance greatly. The 3 piece hanger is worth a good bit by itself.
    Yeah, my dad is not to crazy about condition...I on the other can't stand when people just neglect an item. A few weeks about I found someone selling a Police cap for a good price, but when I checked it up close, the top was completely detached and was glued down with elmers glue. I swear some people just ruin history for others.

Go for the knife. Looks good and the price is right. Just my 2 cents

At that price I would buy it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Jule....Im not much for the later made RZM daggers but..the same with me..I would buy it also at that price. As William has pointed out..I see no issues with it..and a little TLC would make it presentable. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Jule,

Scoop it up quick, total bargain at $200

i bet that dagger looks much better in hand than these pix show

Regards Mac 66.

Is this a local buy? I just want to make sure cuz it almost sounds like a pawel nowak scam for $200. But if it is local than go for it!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Is this a local buy? I just want to make sure cuz it almost sounds like a pawel nowak scam for $200. But if it is local than go for it!
    it is around a 20 minute drive, so I would consider it local....the owner is not responding to my e-mails however, but it is only 6:00 am here, so maybe he is still sleeping :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast