Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Somewhat Salty Dagger

Article about: Thank you for the comments! I have no background information on this dagger. It just is what it is. Unfortunately I do not have time to properly photograph this piece right now, but here are

Default A Somewhat Salty Dagger

After over 30 years of collecting I have decided to take a break, step back and evaluate the direction I want to take. The very nice post office lady delivered this last treat before I retreat from this passion. The camera needs to be recharged, but a couple of quick shots before I tear into the nicely wrapped package.

Wolfgang
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Somewhat Salty Dagger   A Somewhat Salty Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Somewhat Salty Dagger
    P
    Many

?

I love these threads! Can't wait to see what beautiful dagger you managed to purchase.

Any Guesses?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Somewhat Salty Dagger  

My guess is an SA honor dagger.

Some more

A Somewhat Salty Dagger

I love opening packages!!!!!!!!

A Somewhat Salty Dagger

Im out of breath!!...please tease on!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That would be my last purchase also because my wife would kill me when I told her I sold the house for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

That's one hell of a way to go out Wolf!! Lets see more!..Kevin.

Most of these daggers have been "restored", it is not easy to find one in original condition. The leather is fragile, this one shows some wear, especially along the edges. It is however better than a re-leathered scabbard. Most of the gold is gone from the inscription, just traces remain. The fittings are well patined, though it does not show well in the photos. It took a long time to find one with character, but unmolested reasonable shape, but it was worth the wait. These daggers can only be truly appreciated when handled. Photos do not convey the "feel" these pieces have.
    I will try to do some detail photos when proper light and time permit.

Wolfgang

A Somewhat Salty Dagger

A Somewhat Salty Dagger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast