Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS & SA Dienstdolch: all they seem?

Article about: On the SS dagger it has an Authentic early RZM type blade,,crossguard is turned around,, i agree with Ade as the grip has some issues. The scabbard is a late RZM type as the IMO " the C

Default re: SS & SA Dienstdolch: all they seem?

On the SS dagger it has an Authentic early RZM type blade,,crossguard is turned around,, i agree with Ade as the grip has some issues. The scabbard is a late RZM type as the IMO " the Chicken came before the egg" and not the other way around. The SS runes looks like it was picked or dug at.
    The SA is parts but could be a put together during the late period as shortages forced makers to to find what ever they can to make production numbers,, but JMO,, or could be a post war put together,, hard to tell but it is right if it was during the late period. Grip and scabbard and upper crossguard are early ,, the blade is late RZM type and it is hard to tell in the photo if the lower crossguard is the alluminum type,, but not sure. Overall its a nice dagger for possibly being a put together in the later period. Lastly... like finger nails on a black board is a scabbard put on backwards onto its dagger. OUCH!!! Regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS & SA Dienstdolch: all they seem?
    P
    Many

Certainly not worth 1.000.00 Pounds

?

SS dagger is a parts/or fake dagger: The SS eagle is placed in the center of the grip, its way up too high, a dead give away for a fake grip.
    The bottom of the Eagles swastika should start approx. at 1/3 of the grip from below.

I agree with Ade, the parts dont fit, scabbard and dagger dont match in age/materials, dont buy would be my advise.

cheers,
    Ger

?

Save yourself the trouble and go to Lakesidetrader.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2