Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Strange SMF SA Dagger From The Woodwork

Article about: Hey guys! This strange dagger walked into the shop this afternoon. The gentleman I purchased it from claimed his uncle brought it back from the war and gave it to him when he was a kid. It l

Hi Mat..a very nice find for sure as Fred says,.. a producer rarely encountered. I have hard time finding any SMFs in the good condition yours is in. Other than the gold paint / inlay you have a nice find .

One suck thing though I see about the scabbard is that its missing both its upper fitting screws...that leaves me to think the throat / runners may have been switched out ,,messed with..or just the screws were taken. I still like this dagger and screws can be found somewhat easily .

I like the 3pc hanger which is all original to the dagger IMO..but later on a 2nd variant type clip was added..yet within the period. Are there numbers I see on that snap clip..they look faded?? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange SMF SA Dagger From The Woodwork
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2