Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Are these SS daggers crap?

Article about: I'm asking if these are hodge podge frankenstiened out or parts??? Thoughts please

Default Are these SS daggers crap?

I'm asking if these are hodge podge frankenstiened out or parts??? Thoughts please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these SS daggers crap?   Are these SS daggers crap?  

Are these SS daggers crap?   Are these SS daggers crap?  

Are these SS daggers crap?   Are these SS daggers crap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these SS daggers crap?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

They are SA daggers. Not SS.

Larry already gave you some general idea of his views but to get a definitive, the guys really need to see better photos like in the link below

New Eickhorn
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes I figured what Larry said was probably accurate and I appreciate him sharing his knowledge. Hence why I titled them likely crap but never hurts to have a second opinion ~

MAP
    ?

Quote by AlphaWolfe View Post
    Yes I figured what Larry said was probably accurate and I appreciate him sharing his knowledge. Hence why I titled them likely crap but never hurts to have a second opinion ~
    Good photos will tell all. Larry's views (which I think will turn out to be 100% right) are still only based on limited photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The center SA dagger has been messed with and is a mix of varied period fittings. The crossguards and grip are Suhl produced.
    The other 2 SA daggers also are comprised of other fittings.

Regards Larry
    Have a look in this SA dagger forum and compare from early period to late period .

Early SA Daggers = All Nickel fittings
    Mid to late Period daggers = Nickel to silver plated fittings with the use of Alpaca a mixture of copper and zinc.

Plate loss will occur over time causing the plating to bubble up and eventually come off.
    Its cheaper material usage .

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-12-2019 at 01:16 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill