Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger

Article about: I have an RZM Dagger that seems to be a Parts compilation. I am looking for some clarity on what it is and what parts might be original. Thanks.

Default Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger

I have an RZM Dagger that seems to be a Parts compilation. I am looking for some clarity on what it is and what parts might be original. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger   Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger  

Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger   Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts and Credibility of SA Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Having the black scabbard makes this a NSKK dagger and I'll leave other question to the experts.
    Somebody will be along.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Having the black scabbard makes this a NSKK dagger and I'll leave other question to the experts.
    Somebody will be along.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I believe it is a dark chocolate brown Phil.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum!

All the parts look original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade that all the fittings are authentic. The crossguards appear to be the early type ..but towards the end of the production period ...they are sometimes expected to be seen as to complete to assembly from existing inventory. I see no other issues with this dagger being a late period example.

In the photos provided I agree also that the scabbard is a darker color brown. NSKK were painted or purchased black to designate the difference between the SA and NSKK. If this scabbard is black..please provide better photos...overall I see a late period dagger correct whether the scabbard is Black or brown

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill