Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code

Article about: Hi, I have been offered a SA-dagger with this RZM makers code - is it okay(original)? More picture of the dagger will be posted, but for now I need thoughts regarding the makers code. Regard

Default Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code

Hi,

I have been offered a SA-dagger with this RZM makers code - is it okay(original)?

More picture of the dagger will be posted, but for now I need thoughts regarding the makers code.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code
    P
    Many

Looks ok to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Eickhorn RZM code format usually seen for 1940 look like this one. Not saying yours is wrong. Maybe a variation template was in use?

Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers codeThoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers codeThoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers codeThoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code

Better photos with no flash would make this RZM number more identifiable...yet the RZM number itself comes back to Friedrich Plucker..who for EARLY SA daggers rates on a rare scale of a "9" . Yet..it is VERY rare to see an RZM number by this producer. I would like to see clearer photos once you get them..but for the RZM type collector.... A Rare Find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great info - thanks

The dagger is not in super condition.
    ...price is about 300USD.

Unfortunately, the crossguard at the pommel nut is broken, and is no longer on this dagger.
    ...the later broken crossguard is present on some of these pictures.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code   Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code  

Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code   Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code  

Hi,

Just been in contact with seller, the dagger is marked RZM M.7/62/40, not RZM M7/62/40
    ...you can actually see the . in the first picture - thoughts???

Regards
    Replace

?

Plucker seems to use the . behind the M
    For some strange reason a few makers used these dots behind the M
    It also appears on its 1939 and 1938 types: M.7/62/39 and /38
    i have included 2 pics of the 1939 logo

Regards,
    Ger
    Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers codeThoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code

I have never seen one with a dot behind the M before - it made me suspicious!

Great info - thanks

Regards
    Replace

The Dot after the Letter "M"..is a punctuation mark..."period "...which is used in closing of sentences ..words phrases and also abbreviations.
    The Reich-Zeug-Meisterei...RZM > Reichzeugmeisterei ( RZM ) Organizational Function

The use of the Period at the end of the lone letter "M" is an abbreviation for Ministry ...yet no period documentation supports the use of the "period" after the Letter "M"
    IMO..One word does not constitute the necessity of having a period ending its use....especially the use of One Letter followed by a period. ( This will be a question I would like to raise at the Max Show seminar on Political daggers. The collecting community seems to have accepted the use of this punctuation mark ..when many are not sure or even have noticed its existence.
    I myself..have shyed away from these RZM numbers with periods.

I would be curious of other collectors thoughts other than Daggers..but the use of the "period" on clothing labels..tinnies etc.. or is this just isolated within political daggers? I would be curious and remain skeptical if this "period " practice has been used on other textiles that were under the RZM control.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Better photos with no flash would make this RZM number more identifiable...yet the RZM number itself comes back to Friedrich Plucker..who for EARLY SA daggers rates on a rare scale of a "9" . Yet..it is VERY rare to see an RZM number by this producer. I would like to see clearer photos once you get them..but for the RZM type collector.... A Rare Find

Regards Larry
    Researching a bit deeper into Friedrich Plucker..as this producer was issued an RZM permit on Oct.1 1934..yet none have been recorded to exist. This bring me back to the point of the period..on this and a few other Producers. It is very difficult to ascertain the authenticity of the use of "period" dots after singly used Letters.

This is one of these topics that would make for a great discussion..if warranted ..which I will create a separate thread.

These are just my thoughts and observations. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks like this one is not, an easy one.
    ...are we saying - possible fake/repro?

Regards
    Replace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast