Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch

Article about: G'day Pete, we have the same double edge laws here mate. I contacted Australian customs before I imported the dagger to find out what I needed to do, I was told to contact the W.A. Police an

Default Re: Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch

G'day Pete, we have the same double edge laws here mate. I contacted Australian customs before I imported the dagger to find out what I needed to do, I was told to contact the W.A. Police and get a "permission to import" document from them (B709B form) which they gave me straight away, then all I had to do was have the dagger sent. Australian customs then take the dagger, they contacted me asking whether I had the correct paperwork to import it, which I did, I then had to post the original B709B form to them and they released it for delivery straight away. I imagine NZ customs and Australian customs are very similar to deal with, it is just a matter of going through the correct process. Have a look at the Kiwi customs website mate they'll probably tell you what you need to know. Good luck mate, Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch
    P
    Many

Heya Dave.
    Ive got 3 daggers in NZ customs as we speak police bayo/hj dagger/and a k98 eteched bayo.
    They all came through Paul at lakeside trader.
    Because they only had a single edge I thought I didnt need a permit.
    The hj/police bayo were ok but because the eteched bayo can slot onto rifle I need a permit for that one...go figure lol
    Anyway Ive learned my lesson next time I will do it properly.
    Rgds Peter

?

Nice TR dagger, great to see the full logo and the RZM on the blade.
    Lifting of the plating is an issue with lots of RZM daggers.
    But its a dagger with a lot of character!
    Glad you got it thru customs

cheers,
    Ger

Peter, let us know how you get on with the HJ knife and bayos, I must say I thought you would be fine with them because they are single edged. According to Australian customs there is no problem with importing single edged blades but I would probably get a B709B form anyway just to play it safe. It is ridiculous in some ways, I can walk into my nearest fishing tackle or dive shop and buy something a lot nastier off the shelf than any bayonet I've ever seen, and I can do it quite legally. I might have a look at the Kiwi customs site, I'm curious now to see if there is any difference with here. Good luck getting your toys mate, Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2