Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

untouched SA Dagger

Article about: no beauty but I like the dagger it is the only sa dagger in my collection. I find sa daggers not so nice ...in this it makes the charisma the blade is in good condition ,with with grosgrain

?

Default untouched SA Dagger

no beauty but I like the dagger
    it is the only sa dagger in my collection.
    I find sa daggers not so nice ...in this it makes the charisma
    the blade is in good condition ,with with grosgrain remaining

untouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Dagger

gr
    mx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement untouched SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Nice,untouched Herder,i like it
    Congrats

amazing how well the blade has stood up to all that corrosion around it.

Agree love the look. Is that the original blade? Just wondered if its been undone at the top?

rgds matty

?

Quote by matty01 View Post
    Agree love the look. Is that the original blade? Just wondered if its been undone at the top?

rgds matty
    the dagger was so found. the blade length is 22,1 cm
    the screw has not been opened.untouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Daggeruntouched SA Dagger

Lovely top nut! That's what we like to see.

The scabbard has done a lovely job of keeping the blade so nice.

Totally Untouched ...a diamond in the rough. You can see under the crossguard where the scabbard fitting rested that shows this dagger was not moved in decades. Nice find.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A question for Larry or anyone else who cares to reply. When you find a dagger such as this, where the blade is in excellent condition but the other metal parts have succumbed to corrosion what is the proper thing to do. Do you just leave it like this or do you take it apart and clean the individual parts and reassemble??? If this were my dagger, I don't think I could be happy with it in this condition.
    Since I am new to TR collecting, I would like to hear the opinions of the experts here. Thank you, Bob

Oh, and Maxxx I am not trying to disparage your recent find. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

If is my,i would leave like this,
    Just apply renwax all over

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    A question for Larry or anyone else who cares to reply. When you find a dagger such as this, where the blade is in excellent condition but the other metal parts have succumbed to corrosion what is the proper thing to do. Do you just leave it like this or do you take it apart and clean the individual parts and reassemble??? If this were my dagger, I don't think I could be happy with it in this condition.
    Since I am new to TR collecting, I would like to hear the opinions of the experts here. Thank you, Bob

Oh, and Maxxx I am not trying to disparage your recent find. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    Hi Bob.. in the advanced corroded state it is in..it would be best to leave it well alone as Stingray has said. Most of the time Nickel fittings can be cleaned up..but since this is in its advanced stage it appears the corrosion has sunk a little into the nickel. Any disturbance may lift in minute size.." small chunks "..or picking off the nickel fittings.

I would not dare touch the guards and especially the grip eagle in this present state. The Blade I would wipe down with a clean cotton cloth and apply Renwax to the blade. Its optional if you want to apply Ren wax over the whole dagger.

IMO Ren wax would be best suited on a cleaner more smooth non-porous surface to have the desired effect of a shine and protection. I would leave the outside alone. Just my thoughts.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast