Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

URGENT SA Dagger verification

Article about: Hello gents, I'm not to sure about the authenticity of this dagger (which goes up for sale tomorrow) and I am seeking some help, so I urgently need a learned verification. If any dagger and

Default URGENT SA Dagger verification

Hello gents,

I'm not to sure about the authenticity of this dagger (which goes up for sale tomorrow) and I am seeking some help, so I urgently need a learned verification. If any dagger and sword experts could look at these and ascertain authenticity for me I would be extremely grateful. A ballpark value would also be very nice. =)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement URGENT SA Dagger verification
    P
    Many

Original.

Does it have a scabbard?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Yes, it has a scabbard, in good condition too. I foolishly forgot to take a photograph! I take it then that these are worth considerably more with the scabbard?

Hi, you would need to provide better and focused pictures in order to assess your dagger, motto, eagle, scabbard. Have to say that I am not liking that much that cross guard the way it fits in the pommel. Also, not sure if due to the poor picture s effect, but what are those straight lines on the crossguard?

Nothing wrong with it that I can see from the blurred photos-aside from it's apparent poor condition. If it has no sheath, it's value would not be great-perhaps a couple hundred dollars at the most.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,

Sorry about the picture quality, they were taken in a rush and I only realised how awful they were now! Here is another photo of the blade. The straight lines on the crossguard are a reflection of the roof I believe.
    Wagriff, it does have a scabbard, I just didn't get a photo unfortunately.
    Cheers,
    Franzjoseph

URGENT SA Dagger verification

Glad to hear from Ade and William, that there are no issues with your dagger

its ok.

?

Make sure you dont overpay this starter, corse thats what it is, its a late RZM with a highly stained blade from a very common maker.
    Blade condition is very important and this one aint good, no crossgrain, polished and stained.
    It will never be of great value, dont pay more then the sum of its parts.
    I would say $ 225 tops

Ger

In Aussie dollars that's probably more like $400 these days! I bet the local seller is wanting double that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast