Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vet bring back!! Sa dagger!!!

Article about: by n0valyfe You are going to have to remove the fittings on the scabbard to do this properly so be careful and best of luck (: If you take a small enough magnet then it wont be necesarry, yo

Default Re: Vet bring back!! Sa dagger!!!

Unfortunately I had to sell my rifle but it went to a good friend of mine who will be able to clean it up really nice without messing up like I might have so at least I know its in a good collection. Thanks for all the comments, keep them coming, Im going to post the rest of the stuff I picked up under the proper german section also If anyone knows about WW1 german field gear please PM me because I also picked up a beautiful named piece I know nothing about. - Nick K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet bring back!! Sa dagger!!!
    P
    Many

Thats okay. You can always pickup another someday. Hope you made a decent profit on it. Good hearing from you and let us know what you have. Always someone here to help you out. By the way I have a knife like your SA dagger but mine has a black scabbard denoting NSKK dagger issued to motor pool troops. Good luck for now.

I also have a question why are the SA, SS and NSKK daggers basically the same, why wouldnt the SS have something different then the SA? - Nick K

Hi Nick, you have to bear in mind the SS was just a part of the SA at this point in time, likewise the NSKK.

Hence all three had basically the same design of dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very interesting thank you for the info Adrian, Unfortunately I think Im going to have to sell the SA dagger and the Firemans dress bayonet if anyone is interested in the dagger and or bayonet please PM me. - Nick K

Hey Nick Am sure someone will buy them. Maybe you could get the Mauser back. All matching and cleaned up equals good bucks. Sorry to hear you are selling but make sure you get a good price as they should be worth $500 if in real good shape. Good Luck.

?

What strikes me { besides the fact that on the lower picture of your SA dagger in scabbard, you put the dagger the wrong way ( looks even better de other way around would Ade say }
    is that the scabbard looks to have silver nickel fittings and is anodized, while the RZM knife itself has chrome plated cross guards.
    That could mean that this is not an original set......

Hope the pictures do me wrong.....but please try with a magnet if the scabbard fittings are chrome plated steal or nickel.

Cheers Ger

The scabbard is magnetic & the cross guards are not magnetic but the top screw/bolt is magnetic. Also the blade is magnetic too - Nick K

?

Hi Nick,

what i mean are the fittings of the scabbard, are they chrome plated steal, or nickel?
    The crossguards should not be magnetic, they are chrome plated zinc alloy.
    This one should have chrome plated steal fittings on the scabbard, who are magnetic.

Cheers Ger

You are going to have to remove the fittings on the scabbard to do this properly so be careful and best of luck (:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast