Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review

Article about: What do you guys think of this Pack & Sohn SS dagger? Thanks in advance.

?

Default 1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review

What do you guys think of this Pack & Sohn SS dagger? Thanks in advance.

1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review
    P
    Many

Looks good to me, with typical Pack scabbard.
    Pack made transitional SS daggers in 1938 and 1939 only IMO.

I like it,congrats

Unfortunately, I'm not liking this particular dagger all that much. The grip, although having a few small chips, has an odd-almost painted look to it-particularly visible above and around the eagle in the last photo. The opening around the grip eagle also does not look right. Very flat bottomed lower guard. Repainted sheath? It may just be my eyes, but for such a shiny minty blade, I'm not seeing much if any crossgraining to it and the etching of the RZM mark is disturbingly crude in style. The blade, and again, it may be just the camera angle, appears to be awfully Pointy. The 1211/39 Pack's have been Extremely heavily faked and there are collectors who will not even consider them. I have to say, that with this one, I would not have it in my collection. Assembled parts? Total fake? Either way, I'd pass on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ivan..what are your thoughts on the scabbard being a Pack version. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,the position of the screws on fittings.
    William also the flat bottomed lower guard looks correct for Packs

I still like it

?

Thank you so far guys.

?

Kris to be honest these pics are bad if you need to determen if this is the real thing.
    They do not reveal anything, if these are seller pics i would say they are made to decieve......any detail gets lost, pics cant be magnified.

I would certainly ask for high detailed close up made under good condition, no shine, no flash, no direct sunlight.
    If you made them yourself then please do not make them this small, use 5M pics high resolution pics, and then we can look what it is.

William has a point tho with the shining on it the grip looks brushed or painted, and i do not see any grain on the blade.

Regards,
    Ger

Is that black paint on the curve above the eagle's head in the last photo? There also looks to be a spot at 3:O'Clock on the Runes button as well in the same photo.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I can't add any useful opinions but this might help determine whether there is or isn't black paint on the eagle.
    1211/39 M33 SS dagger for review

Tang markings will say alot also.

Food for thought....for an early and large production maker..why do they have such a high RZM number 1211..compared to Eickhorn M7/66 and many other later producers with low numbers. Mystery seems to surround this early producer.... with this high Permit number.

Fat lightning bolt Runes appears to be a Herder Trait..which doesnt mean anything...just an observation.

@ Ivan ... maybe its me..but I have seen many producers with same screw fitting locations. Pack was known on their early SS daggers..to have a shorter upper scabbard fitting. Pack have bought mid to late scabbards by the box fulls from an outside source. Just speculation for discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast