Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger

Article about: Chris you did everything that was asked of you. I have to agree with Wagriff on the overshadowing but hard to prove. This dagger is on the fence,, but it could be one that was an oversight b

Default Re: 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger

I see what the problem is, and it could impact value some when compared to better etched examples. But after all the effort and money to turn a bar of steel into a dagger blade the last step was the etching using acid resistant masks. So with an otherwise well done blade - would they turn into scrap metal a blade where the acid got away a little from the control of the one doing the work with just the mask for the logo? Just a perspective from more of a business point of view, and as I said it could affect the value as compared to other daggers. But still IMO a 1000 times better than these parts pieces we see from time to time.

PS: I would leave it alone myself, especially if you think it could be for sale. Because damaged and “tarted up” it WILL loose value for many collectors. In the meantime a little research into family history would not hurt - and it could change how you feel about keeping it in the family. FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger
    P
    Many

?

nice one, well made

The dagger is officially up for sale. We're looking for something in the $8,000 range and would likely want an in-person transaction (we're in upstate NY). Please PM me with offers, questions, etc.

Ah, when I read "The dagger is officially up for sale" I was hoping for a SS Dagger in the price range $1500 - 2500, really want a SS Dagger :P

Hi Chris, please list the dagger in our classified ads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

For 8K or best offer, it won't be there long in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks fine to me as well.

Indeed William. If I lived Stateside and had the money I would be on my way to NY.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4