Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1933 Model. Maker ED Gembruch

Article about: Hi All, this came my way in a trade with other items. Extremely rare maker and is in exceptionally nice condition, this one is marked with the a Roman numerals 111, which according to Ade fr

Just came across this thread and honestly it's a parts dagger at best. A few reasons why.
    First off,the runes button appears to be a (Reddick) Repro and not from period,further i've never seen a real Gembruch with any roman number at the lower crossguard.Grip is also questionable. Lower scabbard fitting looks plated and not made of early nickel silver.Finally,i don't like this vertical suspension.

Regards,
    Gerd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Model. Maker ED Gembruch
    P
    Many

I know this thread has come and gone but I have handled this dagger and actually returned it-so I thought I should give my two cents. The blade ridge is wavy in quite a few spots, and the maker mark, in hand, also demonstrates that the blade was redone in one fashion or another. Also, the grip is heavily redone, if you run your fingernail along it, black lacquer will come off. I didn't botherfiguring out what portion of the grip was redone, but much of it likely, if its authentic at all. Not a dagger you should spend this kind of money on. A slightly repaired grip corner or edge is not a huge deal, but this piece has all the "wrong" things.

best,

RB

Thanks for your opinion Red Baron.

That doesn’t surprise me that this dagger was offered by Stewart Wilson .... Obviously sold at a extremely high price, and carries a full 100% money back guarantee providing its returned within 7 days of purchase !!!

?

Very nice congrats

Regarding the point that Gembruch SS daggers aren't seen with Distribution Center numerals, I have to agree. I didn't know offhand but checked my files (with roughly 10-12) different Gembruch M33s. Not one had the Roman numerals, something I've never noticed before.

The leather hanger does appear to be touched up in the earlier posted pics. A shame if the piece had been tarted up but that's the hobby days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2