Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Gentlemen., I thank you for your support as this was not my intention to pull this dagger apart but to be protective of a fellow collector of L33. This is a tough hobby as time progresses an

Default re: 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

I'm not trying to give anyone a heart attack, but I think I can see Siegfried B's concerns. I'm more than happy to wait for better closeups of the chain and links (front and rear), but when I did a preliminary look on my own with the current images it seemed to be that it might have been cast(?). Seeming to have a strange texture that I don't normally associate with nickel plating. And the eagle does seem to have some gouging around it. FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

?

I see only concerned forum members checking daggers. I hope the daggers turn out OK, but look forward to opinions after better (outside) pics.

I too would like good pics in daylight.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry,but the way the eagle is set worries me. IMO,maybe the handle itself,sorry to say.

well,like others said, some better pics will help.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

?

command450s pic above really shows the difference between daggers; as Siegfried B mentioned, the runes of the OPs dagger chain are almost touching the link holes and its evident, when one compares to the dagger chain above. Quite a difference. This does not bode well.

1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 19361933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 19361933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Okay, hopefully these pictures are more suitable...

Sorry I don't like the chain either now having seen these new pics. The skulls are devoid of any detail.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sorry to say but I have my concerns on this one:
    dont like the rough eagle and the way its been inlayed into the grip, not the way the german craftsmen would do, it wouldnt pass the quality check.
    The ss roundell has different runes in it, they differ in size and way.

Its not only the way the eagle has been embedded in the wood -but also the eagle itself that is of concern to me-It does not look nearly as the real thing !!the inlay is also horribly done-but I must say I am not ANY EXPERT and only a student of these things - I may be wrong but I would not be able to live with this item AS ORIGINAL .The other dagger seems to be fine though -based on the pics provided .Please see my critism as positive -I would also like to clean up the copy punters from our BROTHERHOOD of COLLECTORS without being pig-headed re advice.

Greet from CAPE TOWN

Adrian

I love your AVATAR (PIC) with girl in tank turret with SS Tank uniform -brilliant !! i hope you dont mind but I copied it !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast