Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?

Article about: I see SA daggers listed all the time as "Real WW2 SS dagger"!And saw one at a gunshop today marked "Original german SS dagger"(it was trashed and priced at 600.00!). Ther

Default 2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?

I see SA daggers listed all the time as "Real WW2 SS dagger"!And saw one at a gunshop today marked "Original german SS dagger"(it was trashed and priced at 600.00!). There is a night and day difference,yeah the same shape but do a little research before hand please.SS is black, SA is brown not to mention the markings,geeze.Anyway these are both vet bringbacks showing the stark difference.Have these daggers lost value or are they doing ok?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?   2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?  

2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?   2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?  

2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?
    P
    Many

Haven't you heard ? Brown is the new black.
    People are getting more stupid and lazy by the day. Anything German military
    is automatically either Nazi or SS or both. Just throw a big price tag on it and
    walk away. No research required.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The market has not fallen and the prices are still somewhat hefty for SS daggers more so on the Early period types.

Loss of value comes from poor care.... and as Greg stated ...Lack of study !
    My question is ..why was the SS dagger trashed.. and from what I can see in the few photos ..the dagger looks decent. $600 is a steal !!

The SA Dagger is a late period type the SS Dagger ..Mid period.

You May have stepped into some luck TC ...but a few more photos would help. Looks good so far from what I can see.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys!No Larry these daggers posted are mine, both are pretty nice,the SS is near mint.The one in the gunshop I was talking about was an SA but tag said SS,it was rusty sharpened and beat to hell,I wouldnt give 200.00 for it.I told him it was not an SS and he said oh ok,so he changed the tag to SA but didnt change the price!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 06-16-2018 at 02:24 AM.

I know the RZM daggers dont bring as much as the early ones but you dont see many SS dagger blades in this cond either,needle sharp tip and never polished or sharpened.Its about dark when I get off work and my indoor lighting is terrible,looks much better in hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?   2 RZM daggers,whats the confusion?