Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bertram SS dagger

Article about: I probably going to buy this dagger soon. I've allready showed the dagger to Larry who gaved his thumbs up. I do still have one question... There is a Roman III districtmark stamped in the b

?

Default Bertram SS dagger

I probably going to buy this dagger soon. I've allready showed the dagger to Larry who gaved his thumbs up.
    I do still have one question... There is a Roman III districtmark stamped in the back of the lower crossguard. I looked and compared with other Bertrams
    but they all seem to have the Roman I stamped.
    Is it possible that they had III stamped aswell?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bertram SS dagger
    P
    Many

A point of reference..would be to see if the guards are marked "PA" which is a common generic guard used for many producers. Although most Bertram Reinh daggers found do have the Roman Numeral "I" stamped on the guard..I would not throw this dagger away because it has a ""III" for Berlin. We do not know the whole scope of these SS dagger producers being soley distributed to said districts..as well fitted untouched SA daggers with undocumented gruppe marks are being uncovered today.

This producer or distributor has assembled fine crafted fittings to be assembled under the supervision of this producer and to be distributed through said SS districts.

Very Nice find. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It could have been a small batch sent on to Berlin to fill a deficit from one of the Berlin District suppliers. I would not be overly concerned. It looks like a decent Solingen Bertram and in great shape. Well found!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for these comments guys.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    A point of reference..would be to see if the guards are marked "PA" which is a common generic guard used for many producers. Although most Bertram Reinh daggers found do have the Roman Numeral "I" stamped on the guard..I would not throw this dagger away because it has a ""III" for Berlin. We do not know the whole scope of these SS dagger producers being soley distributed to said districts..as well fitted untouched SA daggers with undocumented gruppe marks are being uncovered today.

This producer or distributor has assembled fine crafted fittings to be assembled under the supervision of this producer and to be distributed through said SS districts.

Very Nice find. Regards Larry
    Larry, the dagger is on it's way next week to me. I have a 'bring back'- agreement with the seller' in case there's something terribely wrong.
    I'll check or there is any 'PA' marking in the crossguards. The dagger was allready opened and I will, offcourse, be very carefull to check it.
    I'll make and post a total new fotoshoot of the dagger.

Regards, Kris

?

Ohw yes, what kind of hanger should I look for to complete the dagger? And where shall I look for such? Thx.

Unless there is evidence of a vertical hanger (Ie wear to the scabbard) go fo the conventional black leather hanger strap.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

So true Ade ! ..as this scabbard does not appear to have the rubbing of a crosstrap of a vertical hanger present on the upper part of the scabbard. This SS dagger was one of generic distribution having the 3 pc marching hanger.

A 2 pc hanger ( minus the grip retaining loop ) would also dress up this dagger nicely. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Unless there is evidence of a vertical hanger (Ie wear to the scabbard) go fo the conventional black leather hanger strap.
    Thanks Ade. It is this kind of hanger strap that I have in mind. But not an RZM one.

?

Hi guys. The dagger is at my home now. Received it yesterday with UPS and did a whole fotoshoot to repost it with my own pictures.

Any more (new) opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS dagger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast