Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bertram SS dagger

Article about: I probably going to buy this dagger soon. I've allready showed the dagger to Larry who gaved his thumbs up. I do still have one question... There is a Roman III districtmark stamped in the b

?

Bertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bertram SS dagger
    P
    Many

?

Here the last pictures of the inside of the guards and tang.
    Looks like there's a 'H' on the lower one and a 'A' or 'N' or 'H' on the upper crossguard. It's very hard to read it.
    Tang has a long small 'H' on the front and a '4' on the reverse.

Bertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS daggerBertram SS dagger

Thanks for watching and commenting. Kris

Very nice Kris. Congrats.

Steve

Although on the upper crossguard I can not seem to identify or make out what letter is inside. either an M,,,N ..or V..which ... "N" does not exist in any source reference that I know of..so this could be another new unknown identity found...yet the lettter could resemble a "V" or an "M"..niether which has appeared alone in crossgaurds..but always accompanied with another letter.
    The guards and the rest of the dagger are from the early period IMO ..yet after further review...again it is My Opinion that the lower guard does not belong. Upon closer review of new photos provided the Roman Numeral III marked..." appears " to have been hand applied.

see photos below

Bertram SS dagger Bertram SS dagger

The Numeral on the Bertram guard clearly shows wide spacing between the III where as on another Roman III example all of which were all stamped in the same district for distribution...shows hat is commonly seen as a tighter grouping of of the III.
    This is what is expected of this SS distribution district Berlin.

The " III " is also seen to have been applied sideways..and a lighter punch hit during application. I have also seen harder applied stampings..but never the grouping this far spaced apart.
    I know what I said above..concerning that Bertram Reinh has always been seen with a Roman " I " Munich and in this case seen with a " III "..which I still stand behind my thoughts that this producer may have also distributed to district " III " ...yet the application on this particular guard..upon greater photos reveals what is not commonly seen in punch application.

The dagger itself is comprised of all early construction ...yet the possibility of a correct period guard had a hand applied " III " leaves me to think including the lower corner grip fit to guard....that this guard does not belong. Overall..it all does fit together well.

These Bertram Reinh daggers..when assembled ...did all fit together like a glove from examples owned by collectors.

This is my " opinion " as from what I studied further of the markings provided..and the history of this distributor.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This dagger is not correct. Return it immediately.

I now have concerns about that III marking having seen the new pics. That alone would kill it for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes, indeed. I contacted the seller. Dagger is back on its way to France.

Thanks for the replies guys. Cheers.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Hi guys. The dagger is at my home now. Received it yesterday with UPS and did a whole fotoshoot to repost it with my own pictures.

Any more (new) opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Kris,
    a bit late,but this is a common fake blade in Europe.
    - Laser etched Trademark
    - Acid etched motto,but the motto pattern is not Bertram
    -Many of these blades has also the CAH Tangmark.

Regards,
    Gerd

?

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Hi Kris,
    - Laser etched Trademark
    - Acid etched motto,but the motto pattern is not Bertram
    -Many of these blades has also the CAH Tangmark.

Regards,
    Gerd
    Thanks Gerd. No harm is done eventually. I had a full refund from the seller. :-)

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Hi Kris,
    Two Things we are grateful for on this forum...........

1. Your presence and knowledge of the subject

2. ThankGod you are not an ambulance driver. But in this circumstance..better late than never.
    Good to see you always Gerd.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2