Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carl eickhorn ss dagger question and help

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi, Vets obtained stuff and placed things together, this is quite usual to find. But it would not have been worn this way. Yes, the bayonet was period shortened by the Ge

Default Re: Carl eickhorn ss dagger question and help

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, Vets obtained stuff and placed things together, this is quite usual to find. But it would not have been worn this way.

Yes, the bayonet was period shortened by the Germans.

Please show the K98 bayonet.

Cheers, Ade.
    I will take some pictures next time I am up that way there is a man that has quite a few for sale and I would like a few of them as I have got in to collecting German k98 rifels I have 5 of them a BYF, DOT, DOU,DOT. And a 247 so I am trying to find a
    Few of them to gobwith them as they are not sold here like the guns are I have been looking for a k98 with the skull and cross bland stamped in the stock and they are not very common any ideas on where I might find one state side thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl eickhorn ss dagger question and help
    P
    Many

If you buy a bayonet try and get one where the bayonet and scabbard having matching serial numbers.

Be VERY wary of any rifle which purports to have SS markings 9 out of 10 will be fake.

Cheers, Ade.

There are lots of k98 rifels here in the us that are German and quite a few are Russian captures they are going up in coast all the time we used to be able to get them for under 100 us and know they are around 400us and real good ones with all matching are up in 1000s know I will keep looking and thanks for the heads up on the fakes.

Just wondering ,why would you think this is a SS dagger?

Did not know for sure but there is the ss symbol on the belt about every 3 inches was not sure what it was. I just knew where it came from.

Possibly an SS belt with a Police buckle and bayonet................?
    Regards,

Steve.

If you look at the belt where the buckel is you can see the ss in the stiching of it some one could have done this in Germany it was taken in 44 so not sure someone said on here earlyer that the guys that got this stuff could have put it together but I talked to my grandfather today and he said it is just the way he took it so I don't know!

Very nice souvenir heirlooms, just the same.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes it is I have a helmet 2 pistols and an arm band that he sent back my uncal has a k98 all matching no import stamps that was sent back by his father inlaw in very nice shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2