Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."

Article about: Discovered less than a year ago, this is the Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner. The dagger was veteran acquired last fall. This fantastic SS edged weapon displays not on

?

Default Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."

Discovered less than a year ago, this is the Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner. The dagger was veteran acquired last fall. This fantastic SS edged weapon displays not only characteristics that draw a time line for the production of the M36 Chain Daggers, but it also shows that it was in fact one of the first SS chains ever to be manufactured. I've intended to write this up on our website in the blog section, I just can't find the time to do so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."   Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."  

Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."   Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."  

Last edited by Larry C; 09-14-2014 at 10:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner."  

would like to hear the story.

WOW >_< Lighting strikes twice in one day..for Drop dead gorgeous Chained SS examples. ...first we have seen the 2nd variant type deemed "B1" from member "Eisenschwein" here Early M 36 from a house clearance in Germany

Now the icing on the cake we see here by JR is a Very Rare Type A "with" the septum in the nose cavity. ( Im chomping at the bit here ) This Type A variant is from the Initial production when these M36s were just beginning to roll off the production line. Highly coveted as the early of earlies. The Type "B1" variant..with out the nose septum..is yet also quite desirable being of nickel fitting parts. Type B2 being nickel plated..and Type C being the silver plate over steel.

The Motto font is incomparable to other Mottos..seen..and mostly seen on M36 types.
    Such a pleasure JR to show what is very uncommon..in the M36 collecting circles. Most commonly found are the type C with the plating lifting of the fittings. This Type A dagger is for the collector who studies the early period and the introduction of the First variant SS officers dagger. Scary stuff here . Thank you JR for posting this rare beauty. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well now I will have something to dream about tonight. Thanks for sharing JR!!

A beautiful dagger. What is the provenance to Brigadefuhrer Altner?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

JR do I see a 3 or 4 digit SS number beneath the lower crossguard?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

#
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner.&quot;  

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chain Dagger of SS General, Brigadefuhrer Georg Altner.&quot;  

?

The font is very unique as Lar has mentioned. I've only seen one other early SS dagger with this etch. It too was an M36 Chain. In Ralfs wonder reference on edged weapons of the SS, he show I believe over 40 SS mottos from various makers. None come close to the Gothic font that is displayed by this initial production M36. When I first show this to Witty, he was amazed with the etch, and the other unique characteristics that this dagger displayed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast