Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Chained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedication

Article about: Larry asked me in the SS-uniforms forum to show a chained dagger which was on a photo with some uniform stuff, what I already did some time ago. But here is another interesting piece. It's a

Default Chained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedication

Larry asked me in the SS-uniforms forum to show a chained dagger which was on a photo with some uniform stuff, what I already did some time ago. But here is another interesting piece.
    It's a Type A chained dagger with dedication to Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer who was in service at that time in the staff of 2. Sturmbann of 41. SS Standarte in Bayreuth. He received the dagger for his wedding on December 8. 1936 from his staff members. Unfortunately the dedication was scratched, which was not very uncommen at the end of the war/after the war because SS-members were in fear of reprisals. The dagger is in overall good condition.

Regards
    Stefan

Chained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedicationChained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained Dagger Type A of SS Obersturmführer Ludwig Elsässer with dedication
    P
    Many

Beautiful!

Very Nice!! With my thanks to Larry and especially Stefan for sharing. With Best Regards, Fred

That is a remarkable chained ss dagger, thanks for sharing. You are being too modest, as for the dagger is in superb condition

?

What a fabulous dagger! Thanks for sharing!

Hallo Stefan,
    well that's a damn rare beast! Three .
    Hope we'll See us in Ebernhahn or Kassel,next month
    Regards,
    Gerd

?

Hi Stefan,

What a wonderful & interesting chained SS

a prize keeper for sure

Regards Mac 66

HI Stefan ..thankyou greatly for posting this rarity ..well worth the wait..and also personalized. Would make for a great research project..of the original owner. Love the paint

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your positive feed-back what I appreciate very much. Concerning the research of OStu. Elsässer I have copy of his complete or let's say what is left SS-file, starting in the early thirty's (SS No 4212) and ending Mid 44 when he was transferred to the W-SS. His M 33 (Ex-Röhm) with this number has survived the war as well and was presented a few years ago (I think 2008) by a collector in GB. This dagger was sold again at that time and I lost his trace. Would be very exceptional to have both daggers of Elsässer. Perhaps one of my fellow collectors has an idea where the second dagger has found a home.

Gerd, I intend to go to both events in Ebernhahn and Kassel, perhaps we can drive together.

Regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,
    Sounds fine! I also attend both show's👍🏻
    Regards
    Gerd