Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Chained SS dagger opinions

Article about: This dagger was bought back in the early 80's. it was originally missing the chain.the dagger and the chained scabbard(with the square link only) were together,but rest of the chain links we

Default Re: Chained SS dagger opinions

That is fine and is indeed a more scarce "type 3".

Hi Billy, no worries! The type 3 usually has a painted scabbard and single screw ramp fitting.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS dagger opinions
    P
    Many

You guys did a superb job in explaining chained SS dagger detail and history.

thanks a bunch Adrian,when I noticed the septum and the difference in detail,I had a good feeling about it. looks like we kinda got our hopes lost on the one,she may be honked up chain wise,but I still love that gorgeous boker blade!

the unmarked one is just flat out stunning,in real life.fit,detail and build quality are close to perfect!

A lot was touched on in the discussion. Because it has what looks like most likely nickel plated zinc fittings, my personal preference for what looks like a very nice Böker would probably be a comparable Model 1933 scabbard with nickel plated steel mounts.

Discussed at length on the GDC some years ago (but apparently not in time to make it into the “SS dagger/sword book") is what is called different names, having a septum in the nose cavity. It is most likely the first large scale production model of the M 1936 - as seen below with images from that discussion. Made of nickel silver (roughly 2/3 copper), to its right is the (so-called) Type II in nickel silver. Followed by the (so-called) Type I having a heavily nickel plated steel type link with a slightly different design. And to its right, the last version which is the (so-called) Type II in nickel plated steel. Also, because it was discussed to a very great length on the WAF a year or two ago I feel compelled to mention that the “Karl Diebitsch” theory has absolutely no basis in fact. And is just one of those other things that were believed by collectors to be true/facts. With nothing to back up the guesses they made in the absence of actual knowledge.

PS: With the early nickel silver chain links with the chemically blackened finish inside the links, it was not possible to do it with with the later nickel plated types. Regards to All, FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS dagger opinions  

Thanks for your input "FP", it is always appreciated.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3