MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Article about: Hello friends, thanks for your comments. Tom, I was very lucky when I find Holler dagger in this condition, it is surprising, but this dagger was kept in old wardrobe covered with pieces of

?

After I've read this thread again, I reminded a topic that I've posted some time ago of a chained dagger that was for sale...
    I didn't compared it yet that good but it probably could be the same dagger.
    Looks like someone gave the dagger couple of chips in the grip to look older... Kulturzeichen looks like the same kind...
    Check it out.

Chained SS dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Dagger Restoration
    P
    Many

?

After comparing the wotanknot in all it's small details, I am 100% sure that this is the same dagger...

Also compare the gripeagle and the area just around... = 200% sure now.

It is the same dagger..and a supporting link to the other thread seen here

Chained SS dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    After I've read this thread again, I reminded a topic that I've posted some time ago of a chained dagger that was for sale...
    I didn't compared it yet that good but it probably could be the same dagger.
    Looks like someone gave the dagger couple of chips in the grip to look older... Kulturzeichen looks like the same kind...
    Check it out.
    Absolutely great spot Krisse, even the screws that hold the fittings are all still in the same position.

I am not too sure that the cracks and chips have been put in the handle on purpose...They look to be caused more by the drying out of the new piece of ebony that the restorer used.
    Perhaps this is the reason it is put up for sale.

For me being an absolute novice in this field of collecting I thought that the original €1000 restoration price would have been the total value of it.

All the best
    Doug

Its clearly a very well done job. For me its the chain that gives its away.
    If this was a 36 model rzm without the chain it would be very difficult to fault.

It reminds me why mint is not always best, patina, a few spots and abit of honest wear is still the way forward.

best matty

?

Thats the beauty of posting Gents.....pics will Always be available and for the one with a decent memory they will be found.
    Kris did a great job!

Ger

Hello to all,

just few days ago I find this surprise informations about this SS dagger. I also contacted my friend, who restored this dagger for its owner. He don´t know about anything! this dagger was restore to its condition for collector, not a dealer. I know that owner can do anything with his dagger, but I think this is a crime! Peter, restorer of dagger is very kind and one of the honest persons which I know.

For future, he want to share most of his pieces with collectors and maybe helps to protect others... In this time he works on restoring items from my collection, rare etched 1889 degen with skull on blade and hard to find Austro-Hungarian bayonet with "fake" muzzle ring, when will be work finish, I will post everything

Best regards

Peter

beautiful restore.

good god as a new collector of these great things this is scary to me I must read more and more.

?

I agree completely. The reason the nice daggers are nice is because the others weren't taken care of. Not to mention how do we keep this one from trying to pass as a mint original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2