Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chained SS dagger Video ( outside source )

Article about: For educational purposes What could we further add to this video in information that this Youtube Gent has not addressed ? YouTube

Type II is a Wittmann term and is also correct and for some reason has worked in reverse having Type I as late period.

Type II only applies to the Wotan connectors ( Bevel cut ) which Type II are seen on Type A B1 and B2
    Type I is seen on the last Type C late period
    From top to bottom Type A B1 B2 and Type C ( bottom photo )
    Type C is Wittmanns Type I

Chained SS dagger Video ( outside source )

Sorry very confusing between Wittmann and Siegerts charts.
    Siegert is more preferred and has a better identifiable timeline.
    So technically Phil you are correct with the Type II Wotan Knot connectors
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS dagger Video ( outside source )
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What about the logo type ?

Your almost ready to walk across the rice paper
    I got a list of observations

Type B1 chain only ..but will explain why later
    ...Ok..so Why I said Type B1 chain ..is because only the Type A has the septum in the nasal cavity of the tab skull ...this chain does not ...but material and construction deem this a Type B1 because of its Nickel construction.

The Wotan knot is a Type A for some reason which I would say is acceptable as it did come first and has round swing openings where as the later types had tear drop shaped openings for the Wotan connectors.

The gent on the Vid only commented .." something about the nose of the skull " without further detail.

More to come because there is more going on.
    @ Michael...Very Good ..go straight to the principals office

Yes this is a Ground Rohm SS more rare than the SA ground Rohm ...nice factory Regrind
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Missing the big one Phil..

Gxxxxd Rxxm

Fill in the X's
    I didn't know I was the only one playing this Game????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Its for teaching the Grasshoppers

What stopped my heart was the glop looking grease on the blade with a most excellent motto burnish..that he palmed his hands all over.
    That in time will destroy the blade.

The reverse side had an excellent factory regrain.
    A point that is correct ..that the dagger is mismatched to the scabbard. When this happened no one knows.

Discussions have ensued as some of these were direct Vet bringbacks ..which I can agree that some were and some were parted together as such during liberation and as of recently.
    Also there is that opportunity the same as when some SA men were transferred to the NSKK to acquire buy cost at retail outlets to purchase a black scabbard in place of their brown SA scabbard or the less fortunate thin walleted men had painted their scabbards black.

This same option as the story goes that when an SS man reached 3 years of service ..they were entitled to a Chained SS dagger. It is said that to save on costs the SS man either bought the whole ensemble or just the chained scabbard for their standard SSem dagger.
    Im quite sure there were those men who were attached to their daggers and just bought the chained assembly.

To prove this is true in the case of this video is impossible as without any bring back documentation ..this dagger was parted together as far as Im concerned recently or 50 years ago ..who knows.

For the collector that wants a Chained SS dagger in their collection I can advise that go with what has been produced to be together..meaning a no producer logo on the reverse side. This would be the most authentic attribute without any doubt.

The combination of a super early Rohm $$ dagger married to a Chained assembly has great value and would fit the criteria of early craftmanship and material. 1936 when these CH SS daggers were produced still showed early material and quality and was the turning point year when materials changed to different metals and the beginning of nickel plated types within some producers.

The dagger in the video is very intriguing and has a ton of history.
    Sad to see the Grip Knarled up ..and the SS runes button is questionable due to the black paint over. I like the dagger very much and the combination is possible during the period with proof it was found as such and not sold on a Hucksters table to GIs looking for a bring back.

Interesting rare to see the Berlin SS district III on the reverse guard.
    Parts dagger was correct what the Gent said on the video. The crossgaurds are not Eickhorn and a point of reference would be in this recent thread seen here > New Eickhorn

take notice to the deep accent grooves in the guards compared to the Video dagger and the turned up ends of the guards which Eickhorn is know for. A rocking horse curvature type guards.

Parts dagger as said by the Video author for sure with some less lack lustre fitting descriptions

Regards Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2