Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Chained SS/Himmler @ auction

Article about: Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

Quote by jamoros View Post
    How much does a chained dagger like this might cost?
    A couple of years back I looked at one for a friend, asking price then was $18,000.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS/Himmler @ auction
    P
    Many

nothing compared with Brad s bike
    Quote by big ned View Post
    A couple of years back I looked at one for a friend, asking price then was $18,000.

Thats a very unique piece for sure.

Steve

Hal
    ?

HI Ned, The dagger just sold at auction, app. 3PM US east coast, for $18,000&change... Best, Hal PS; The dagger had a few....condition problems.
    Last edited by Hal; 09-19-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

The really rare SS daggers are the SS Rohm and the SS Honor dagger. Most other SS daggers can be easily located. Not that they are cheap, but that is because of demand for SS items.

The Dagger...now that it has been sold...would of easily brought 20K ..and I have seen some real standard CH SS beauties nearing 14K. The Combination for this particular ensemble and staggering and very rare to see. I would be greatly interested to hear of this persons SS history and being awarded the Himmler Dagger of Honor..with an Earth Shaking Rare Type 3 example.

This example stands alone within its own arena and could not possibly be added to anymore than what it appears. Again I say...The Identity of the SS guy who had this example must of been some kind of early creep. Should be interesting to see this mans dossier. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The Dagger...now that it has been sold...would of easily brought 20K ..and I have seen some real standard CH SS beauties nearing 14K. The Combination for this particular ensemble and staggering and very rare to see. I would be greatly interested to hear of this persons SS history and being awarded the Himmler Dagger of Honor..with an Earth Shaking Rare Type 3 example.

This example stands alone within its own arena and could not possibly be added to anymore than what it appears. Again I say...The Identity of the SS guy who had this example must of been some kind of early creep. Should be interesting to see this mans dossier. Regards Larry
    A quick search on the web shows this dagger was sold with copies of this man's paperwork. He was no spring chicken, being born in December 1887 and was listed as a Colonel at Dachau at some point.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'll admit that the Himmler/Chained hybrid is unusual. Value I leave up to the marketplace.

?

What keeps surprising me is the fact that a dagger in almost perfect condition ( look at the scabbard ) has a grip like this one........

Ger

amazing find

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast