Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

Article about: Here's some info courtesey of Mr. Bruce Petrin on germandressdaggers.com . There is some interesting facts contained therein. Dagger Information – SS 1936 Chained Dagger In late 1936 Himmler

Hi Collectors

Can I get opinion about SS chain. The chain is non-magnetic, (probably Neusilber), upper links are tapered, pointed to this in Type B1, however is an open loops which indicated that for Type C. Perhaps it is not a "textbook" piece. What do you think about this ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types   Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types  

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types   Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types  

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types   Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types  

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types
    P
    Many

Hi Michal..the Chain is junk and is a current repro. Someone with extra time on their hands has tried to artificially antique it with a cigarette lighter.

The chain created appears as a B2 being plated ..yet the center ramp looks like Type A and B1. The detail in the tab skulls and Wotan Knot connectors are not period.
    The chain assembly and scabbard are current repro. I cant say anything for the dagger.
    Dont waste your time with this one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi

Thank you for your answer, Larry. I did not think it was that bad. But now it's too late. Already bought a dagger. It was only when I took it in hand, I began to have doubts. On the pictures looked ok. Next time I will ask for more detailed photos. After this weekend I'll make pictures whole dagger and inserts it in the forum.

Regards Michal

Michal: Can you not return this wrong dagger for a refund? Sorry for your disappointment.

Larry made a good call on this one - with the unfortunate reality being not only does a new owner get stuck with a fake .......... it also gives the fakers an incentive to create more fakes. Best Regards, Fred

A deal was made. The money paid so I'm afraid I do not have the possibility of return dagger

Michal a part of any type of growth..there will be some amount of challenges and unfortunate pain. I do believe that you will grow in knowledge..and be a great teacher here and on the topic one day. When I say .." ALL OF US " has fallen prey to the same misfortunes in this hobby and have learned from them. Trust me..you are not alone.
    A positive came from all this ..and Im sorry at a high cost to you..yet the chain you posted is in a pinned thread..and will add as a warning to future collectors. That IMO is a great contribution..and the forum is grateful. I myself..have never seen that type of combination before with a mix of 3 repro chain styles.

The person who sold you the dagger is another story and curious if this was a private buy or through a dealer. Sorry this had to happen to you.

Wisdom is gained by falling down.... you have to decide will you fall backward or fall forward. Hang in there Michal your doing ok. I would like to see a separate thread in the SS dagger section on the whole dagger including with the chain which we just saw . Your thread will prove as a very useful study tool.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What more can I say, do not have that bad that would not turn into good.
    A good lesson for me just a pity that expensive. I was a few days away. As I wrote shortly I take a photo of the whole dagger and inserts it in the forum.

Thanks Michal.

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and finally signed up.
    I need your help locating a piece for the chain/scabbard so my ss dagger is complete.
    I am looking for the scabbard ring if I am calling it correct for the part.
    My scabbard is the one for the two hole one...as some were only one hole.
    Either the piece will work or a complete chain.
    I am trying to include the actual piece in the picture here.
    Many thanx!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types  

The fitting is called a " center ramp " which fits onto the center of the scabbard secured by 1 or 2 screws.

Those ramps seen with 1 screw are denoted as Initial production Daggers ( Type II )
    Those ramps seen with 2 screws are denoted as Mid to late period production..and in some rare cases the later production ramps ( Type I ) chains can be seen with either 1 or screws.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast