Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chained SS type B1

Article about: Hi guys. I saw this dagger and would like to have it discussed here. At first sight it looks like it should be. Is there something wrong with this dagger that I'm not seeing? Imo a fine type

?

Default Chained SS type B1

Hi guys. I saw this dagger and would like to have it discussed here.
    At first sight it looks like it should be. Is there something wrong with this dagger that I'm not seeing?
    Imo a fine type B1. I asked more pictures of the chain, Wotanknot and clip. Thanks.

Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1

- - ------- - -

Last pics.

Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS type B1
    P
    Many

My only concern would be the grip. The pics do not show the fit very well. Plus there is the odd little chip around the eagle. A cynic might think the pics have been cropped to hide something?

Good clear daylight pics are what is needed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    My only concern would be the grip. The pics do not show the fit very well. Plus there is the odd little chip around the eagle. A cynic might think the pics have been cropped to hide something?

Good clear daylight pics are what is needed.

Cheers, Ade.
    I was looking to those chips of the eaglefitting aswell. But if you see to the wings, they are very nicely fitted in that grip.
    Could be caused by wear...

?

Hi Krisse,

First thing that jumped out at me was that the blade has been re-tipped, very pointy indeed !

Regards Mac 66.

?

Yes, maybe. But the SS daggers that I own have razorsharp bladetips aswell....

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    I was looking to those chips of the eaglefitting aswell. But if you see to the wings, they are very nicely fitted in that grip.
    Could be caused by wear...
    Hi Krisse ..I would be cautious of the lift marks around the grip eagle as they are consistent with other pic removal marks on other SS and SA daggers. Im not saying that this may be the case..but this grip and eagle should be compared with other grip examples.I also agree with Ade on better grip photos.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Hi Krisse,

First thing that jumped out at me was that the blade has been re-tipped, very pointy indeed !

Regards Mac 66.
    Hi Scott,,I see no issues with a blade repoint as there are SS daggers and CH types that are well crossgrained and pointed. Unless your seeing some minute detail..please point it out. The Grain and motto are what is to be expected .

Chained SS type B1

Close ups of the chain skulls and runes would be helpful.
    Something odd about the center ramp that I will have to look into..and another observation showing the connecting link to the center ramp being messed with and marrked upon the sides. Close ups of that also.

The flash seems to drown out details..where as in other places creates shadows of areas need to be seen. Cant see anything by the Wotan Knot..pic does not enlarge. Are you buying this ensemble Krisse?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The grip looks to possibly have been lacquered or varnished. I agree also, that the wood around the grip eagle does not look good-the eagle may have been replaced or removed to allow the varnishing, although the eagle looks to have greenish remnants of it on it, so perhaps not. The grip problems would be enough to make me draw back from it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks Larry.

I asked the seller for these pictures that you've asked and am still waiting.
    If turns out that this dagger is okay in all it's ways, I'm thinking of buying this one yes.
    PM sent.

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Yes, maybe. But the SS daggers that I own have razorsharp bladetips aswell....

No problem, it just looked a little too narrow as the blade comes to a very sharp point, might be ok ?

i,ve seen blade retip restoration jobs similar to this in the past that a well known dealer can do if the blade tip is broken .

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Krisse ..I would be cautious of the lift marks around the grip eagle as they are consistent with other pic removal marks on other SS and SA daggers. Im not saying that this may be the case..but this grip and eagle should be compared with other grip examples.I also agree with Ade on better grip photos.

Hi Scott,,I see no issues with a blade repoint as there are SS daggers and CH types that are well crossgrained and pointed. Unless your seeing some minute detail..please point it out. The Grain and motto are what is to be expected .

Chained SS type B1

Close ups of the chain skulls and runes would be helpful.
    Something odd about the center ramp that I will have to look into..and another observation showing the connecting link to the center ramp being messed with and marrked upon the sides. Close ups of that also.

The flash seems to drown out details..where as in other places creates shadows of areas need to be seen. Cant see anything by the Wotan Knot..pic does not enlarge. Are you buying this ensemble Krisse?
    This is a picture of the eagle of the chained I allready have:

Chained SS type B1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast